Subject: Couple of questions from a newbie rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
torontoraptors
Portugal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,
I am going to try the game for the first time but first I would like to ask some questions (some I think I found the answer in the forums, but want to make sure):
-How does the Dwarf Hero potion work?
The way I read it is: someone is attacking one hero, the Dwarf uses the potion and choses another hero. Now that hero is the target of the attack, regardless of where he is on the board. Is it correct?

-Why is the text in Egg Clutch and Kobold Warrens differnt? ("Comes With" vs "Allows the consul to field")
Is it because Kobold Warrens come in pairs and they have the line with "2 Kobold Warrens" (and you can't really spawn spawn points), so they had to change it?

-Why is Starfire's Adventure Effects card double sided if it is the same in both side?
Redundant I am guessingwhistle

[Edit] Another question:
Is the number of attacks per turn unlimited? Both for the heros and monsters? I went for a Dungeon Delve to get a feel for the rules. When Ember Mage was alone with Rex with a spawn point remaining I though I was toasted. But some lucky rolls on the defene by Ember Mage dismissed Rex's Smashes (even though he was activating twice a turn). And on offense she was making three attacks per turn (using Will: 2 red +1 blue due to item).
More important than that, since she inflicted fire on her turn, Rex activated twice (both times being denied his Rex Smash, so he couldn't clean the fire) and took 2 damage. In the following round Ember Mage made 3 attacks that almost killed Rex and when Rex activated, fire took care of the rest. Was this correct?

What's you take on this? In this Dungeon Delve try out, the heros never left the first tile. So one treasure chest and spawn point was remaining. They got a fair amount of loot (5 or 6) which might mean a lot of damage was done, so Rex spawned early. Or is this customary in a Dungeon Delve?

Thanks people

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Davi Rosa
Brazil
Brasília
DF
flag msg tools
badge
From the Dungeons and Dragons 80's cartoon. If only it was remade...
mbmbmbmbmb
Potions work anywhere, regardless.
There are no limits to the number of attacks.
The card is double sided but that is ok.
If you choose to remain and grind on the monsters, it is possible.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
torontoraptors
Portugal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for your answers David

gorondil wrote:
Potions work anywhere, regardless.

I understand that they work anywhere, but what does the Dwarf's potion do exactly?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Davi Rosa
Brazil
Brasília
DF
flag msg tools
badge
From the Dungeons and Dragons 80's cartoon. If only it was remade...
mbmbmbmbmb
Pretty much that another hero also in range of the incoming attack can choose to drink the potion and become the new target.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
torontoraptors
Portugal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah, thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Plei Forejoy
Singapore
flag msg tools
This space for rent!
badge
Painting all these miniatures is starting to crimp my time...
mbmbmbmbmb
torontoraptors wrote:
-How does the Dwarf Hero potion work?
The way I read it is: someone is attacking one hero, the Dwarf uses the potion and choses another hero. Now that hero is the target of the attack, regardless of where he is on the board. Is it correct?

Not quite. The sequence is as such:

3 Heroes (A, B, and C: one of whom is the Hearthsworn Fighter) are fighting the Consul.

1. Consul declares an attack on Hero B.
2. Before the dice is rolled, Hero A declares that he is quaffing the Hearthsworn Fighter's Hero Balm and taking the attack.
3. The Hearthsworn Fighter's potion token is removed and the Consul proceeds to roll his attack against Hero A (who shall roll his defense in reply).

Whoever quaffs the potion - in this case, A - becomes the target. The Hearthstone Fighter does not nominate the target, unless he is the one who quaffs the potion (in which case, the target is automatically him).

torontoraptors wrote:
-Why is the text in Egg Clutch and Kobold Warrens differnt? ("Comes With" vs "Allows the consul to field")
Is it because Kobold Warrens come in pairs and they have the line with "2 Kobold Warrens" (and you can't really spawn spawn points), so they had to change it?

Likely the Egg Clutch was printed with the first version of Spawn Point text (and the Kobold Warren is of the later version). Later Spawn Point cards are printed with "Comes with", regardless of whether they are paired or not.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
torontoraptors
Portugal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks a lot Plei for the complete response.
May I just ask one thing? David said that the new defender needs to also be in range. Is this correct? I don't have the card with me, but I don't recall this being printed on the card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Plei Forejoy
Singapore
flag msg tools
This space for rent!
badge
Painting all these miniatures is starting to crimp my time...
mbmbmbmbmb
torontoraptors wrote:
Thanks a lot Plei for the complete response.
May I just ask one thing? David said that the new defender needs to also be in range. Is this correct? I don't have the card with me, but I don't recall this being printed on the card.

The distance does not matter. The potion quaffer takes the brunt of the attack. (Ref)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
miloboy gogogo
Thailand
Bangkok
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
torontoraptors wrote:
Hi,

[Edit] Another question:
Is the number of attacks per turn unlimited? Both for the heros and monsters?

More important than that, since she inflicted fire on her turn, Rex activated twice (both times being denied his Rex Smash, so he couldn't clean the fire) and took 2 damage. In the following round Ember Mage made 3 attacks that almost killed Rex and when Rex activated, fire took care of the rest. Was this correct?

-unlimited attack and you can use same move over and over
as long as you can pay the action cost

-he take 2 fire damage

-in update rule
monster can use heart on their dice roll to remove status
/or you can pay skull token to remove status at the end of turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.