Popular Tags: [View All]
Ondrej Kocnar
Czech Republic
Prague
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Replaces one Terror.
I will be glad for any comments.
She is very different from other monsters and may be bit overpowered.

I made this together with BGG user bumyong.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Woods
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually, I believe she's rather weak. So about on par. You have 0 defense, good, makes sense. Theoretically she'll die in one or two hits. Sure you have to hit a 6+, but a lot of classes start with 3 Spirit. I would say it would still die in one turn with a hero squad of 4. No fear or terror, so if done correctly, could kill her with zero damage tallied up. I'm not saying she's not interesting in flavor, and she can do some interesting stuff. I just don't see her on par with a Night Terror. Also, a few template changes of the wording to make it more on par with other sheets

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ondrej Kocnar
Czech Republic
Prague
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Orguss2 wrote:
Actually, I believe she's rather weak. So about on par. You have 0 defense, good, makes sense. Theoretically she'll die in one or two hits. Sure you have to hit a 6+, but a lot of classes start with 3 Spirit. I would say it would still die in one turn with a hero squad of 4. No fear or terror, so if done correctly, could kill her with zero damage tallied up. I'm not saying she's not interesting in flavor, and she can do some interesting stuff. I just don't see her on par with a Night Terror. Also, a few template changes of the wording to make it more on par with other sheets

Thanks, I think her lives could be buffed up a bit, perhaps to 9.
Or I could make her a glass cannon and up the Sanity damage to 2.
Would it be better?

Note that I assume, that all ranged monsters start behing the non-ranged ones unless noted. Given that, darkness activation and good initiative she might get more of the action before graciously departing.
She also is quite a better "spawner" than a Corpse Pile.

Could you please be more specific about the template changes?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Sutphen
United States
Edmond
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I love that u used art from Descent. With the model readily available. People should make more badguys with descent models / art
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ondrej Kocnar
Czech Republic
Prague
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
acefury wrote:
I love that u used art from Descent. With the model readily available. People should make more badguys with descent models / art

God willing, there is going to be much more :)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Klutz
Canada
Quebec
flag msg tools
I am a "certified" art critic.
badge
I am a professional BGG commenter.
mbmbmbmbmb
okocnar wrote:
acefury wrote:

God willing, there is going to be much more

You could start a thread similar to my Jargono Swamp Village and work through the whole set of Descent minis, I'm sure many people would be willing to contribute for artwork and/or content!

Otherwise, I agree that she seems rather weak.

And I'd really like to see the artwork with a transparent background instead of a rectangle. You have a link to the original?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ondrej Kocnar
Czech Republic
Prague
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
KevBelisle wrote:
okocnar wrote:
acefury wrote:

God willing, there is going to be much more :)

You could start a thread similar to my Jargono Swamp Village and work through the whole set of Descent minis, I'm sure many people would be willing to contribute for artwork and/or content! :)

Otherwise, I agree that she seems rather weak.

And I'd really like to see the artwork with a transparent background instead of a rectangle. You have a link to the original?

Fantastic idea, we can try it.

Problem with the artwork is that I was not able to find any better on the net. If somebody has a better version I will gladly use it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Klutz
Canada
Quebec
flag msg tools
I am a "certified" art critic.
badge
I am a professional BGG commenter.
mbmbmbmbmb
okocnar wrote:
KevBelisle wrote:

Fantastic idea, we can try it.

Problem with the artwork is that I was not able to find any better on the net. If somebody has a better version I will gladly use it.

I'm saying if you link the image you used someone can easily get rid of the brown background!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ondrej Kocnar
Czech Republic
Prague
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh, now I see whistle

This is bit different, but probably better:

http://www.milsims.com.au/node/128039

I have no real experience with digital art etc.
Bumyong made the cerds for me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.