United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
It's a Zendrum. www.zendrum.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Like Event and Hazard. Did each deck really need its own, or could there have been a handful that were simply used every deck?

I'm not sure I've figured why they would physically construct the game like this, beyond the very weak excuse of those cards getting more worn if they got used every game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wayne Walker
United States
Chuluota
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I suppose it reduces setup time in two ways:

1) all of the cards for a deck/subdeck can be kept together

2) no need to refer to a document to construct decks (since their deck/subdeck is printed on the bottom)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ŁṲÎS̈
United States
Mesa
Arizona
flag msg tools
F*** it! Do it LIVE!
badge
Didn't know what to spend all this sweet GG on, so I bought the overtext.
mbmbmbmbmb
I could deal with these particular extra cards.

But what the hell were they thinking printing up that huge stack of useless cards with the dark gray logo on one side?

If you're gonna print extra cards, at least make one side white so that we can make custom cards out of them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wayne Walker
United States
Chuluota
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
monteslu wrote:

But what the hell were they thinking printing up that huge stack of useless cards with the dark gray logo on one side?

If you're gonna print extra cards, at least make one side white so that we can make custom cards out of them.

Agreed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edko Fuzz
Spain
Barcelona
Catalunya
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
monteslu wrote:

+1
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Roskam
United States
Birmingham
Alabama
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Take it from a LOTR LCG player... It is better to have complete scenario sets than have to build them from common cards that are shared across scenarios ...but I do wish they used icons or something to make it easier to sort the decks at the end of the game...text is too small!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan M.

Tucson
Arizona
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
monteslu wrote:

I use them all the time for custom cards, I'm not sure why you think one side has to be white to use them that way.
I print off the custom cards so that I just have to slide them into a sleeve with one of those dual sided cards and it works out just great.

I wouldnt want to try and write or draw on a white side of a card to make a custom.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.