Hide
1 Posts

Clash of the Gladiators» Forums » Sessions

Subject: Session Report rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Deleted User 1
msg tools
Note: Oops, got this game in the wrong order in the seesion report. We played it game after Urland and before Taj Mahal.

With both groups of three finally finishing up at the same time, we decided to pull out the new Knizia gladiator game and have a five player melee. As there were six of us, I volunteered to be rules reader and roller of dice for any defending animals (I have such a soft heart for small animals, especially lions and bears).

And the fight begins! Yells and groans echo through the arena with the thrill of victory and the agony of defeat. In one battle Joe rolls three double stars against his wife Shari, devastating one of her teams of gladiators and assuring him a place on the couch for the rest of the week. Jeff was the first one out of the games after losing his last gladiator, but he kept in the game by attacking with animals.

Jeff was leading throughout most of the game, but Joe and Dan started catching up. Shari, plagued by bad rolls, was trailing. Towards the end, Dan and Joe were both able to surpass Jeff by slaying a few animals. In the end, Dan and Joe tie! That’s a big thumbs up for both of you!

Score: (Gladiators + Animals = Total)

*Dan* - 10 + 8 = 18
*Joe* - 14 + 4 = 18
Jeff – 15 + 0 = 15
Corwin – 10 + 0 = 10
Shari – 8 + 0 = 8

Ratings:

Dan – 6
Joe – 5
Jeff – 5
Corwin – 5
Shari – 6

Lower ratings for this game, mainly because of the huge luck factor and little strategy. There’s no doubt that everybody thought the game was fun enough, but our group tends to shy away from games that are too light. Corwin observed it was “too much luck and too dice dependant”. I figure this will only come out again when we are really looking for a really light game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.