Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Meyer
Switzerland
Luzern
Schweiz
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is it possible to get back a powercube immediately?

For example: My "used cube pool" is empty. I play "Military" and I've got a wonder which gives me a power cube back, if I play "Military" (Persepolis). Do I get back my just used power cube?

Hope you understand my question.

Thank you!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mobydick
France
flag msg tools
the simple answer is yes - note that is slightly different from performing the action w/o a power cube since you need to have an available power cube to achieve this (it doesn't work if all your power cubes are already used).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Meyer
Switzerland
Luzern
Schweiz
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you! We played it right then ;-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Albert Jones
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My question is the reverse. I have "persepolis". Can I put Miltary down, use persepolis to recover a cube, and then use it to perform the military action, or can I only activate it if I do the action.

(In the rules, it says "At least 1 Action/Advisor card has to be PLAYED in each round, even if it cannot be resolved." "Some wonders can be activated if an action card is USED even if not successfully resolved. BUT, can it be played between the 'playing' of the action and the 'resolving' of the action?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian St. John
msg tools
My belief is that it is not intended to work like that. Essentially you would get to choose whether to activate your wonder before or after resolving the action. (After playing or after resolving)

One reason I believe it shouldn't work, is the following: If it worked your way, you could play Military and Research, activate Persepolis for playing Military and then resolve Research first, using your cube gained from Persepolis and then have no cube to complete the Military Action.

Even if the rules are not very clear about it, there is probably an invisible (or difficult to see at least) sequence of phases to follow. That would be: Play action card(s), resolve action, activate wonders that are triggered by the action. The rules text mentioning the "use" of an action most probably refers to the resolving part of the action and not the playing and "if" should really mean "after".

The german rules are even more unclear about this as they mention that wonders can be activated "by an action card".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Albert Jones
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have read a few other threads and the consensus seems to agree with you. When you play Military, you must do all that you can first, and then activate the wonder. Therefore, the turn could proceed as follows:
a) play Military, spend a cube(s) for Military, activate wonder, retrieve a cube
b) play Military, do not use it, activate wonder, retrieve a cube.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.