Subject: Shapeshifter colour change rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tomas Plečkaitis
Lithuania
Kaunas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Online program changes color of components and terrain under already build buildings. Does anybody do it in live game? or just keep playing in setup color?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Olsen
United States
South Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm assuming nobody takes the time to continually swap the colors unnecessarily.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle James
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Yeah I keep component color and terrain color same throughout game. Its weird to the eye sometime because of all the colors but its easier to maintain I think.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert
Germany
Bocholt
flag msg tools
badge
I paid 100 Geek Gold so that you can read this! :-)
mbmbmbmbmb
Color changing in the online implementations is just setting a value - in a real FtF game it would require a lot of annoying work with a high probability of error.

In a FtF game, the Shapeshifter player should use the buildings of the starting terrain color for the whole game. For terraform&build action, I see three possible approaches:
1) When building a dwelling on a hex that is not the starting color of the Shapeshifters, they use a tile of their starting color.
2) When building a dwelling on a hex that is not the current home color of the Shapeshifters, they use a tile of the current home color.
3) When building a dwelling on a hex, the Shapeshifters don't put a terrain tile there at all.
Obviously, when just terraforming without a build, a tile of the new terrain type needs to be placed so others can try to take it away if they are so inclined.

Personally, I'd prefer option 2) - it's consistent with the terraform-without-a-build approach, and you could afterwards check how many hexes the Shapeshifter used in the various colors while shifting around.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
Münster
NRW
flag msg tools
Hidden trackable information in games sucks!
badge
I play games for fun and pursuing the goal to win the game is fun! :)
mbmbmbmbmb
DocCool wrote:

In a FtF game, the Shapeshifter player should use the buildings of the starting terrain color for the whole game. For terraform&build action, I see three possible approaches:
1) When building a dwelling on a hex, the Shapeshifter uses a tile of the starting color.
2) When building a dwelling on a hex, the Shapeshifter uses a tile of the current home color.
3) When building a dwelling on a hex, the Shapeshifter doesn't put a terrain tile there at all.
Obviously, when just terraforming without a build, a tile of the new terrain type needs to be placed so others can try to take it away if they are so inclined.

Personally, I'd prefer option 2) - it's consistent with the terraform-without-a-build approach, and you could afterwards check how many hexes the Shapeshifter used in the various colors while shifting around.

Are you saying that you want to put a for example green terrain tile on a green hex when the Shapeshifter builds there? Your option 2 sounds like it. That would seem unnecessary to me.

So I'd say to use your option 3 when you don't transform a terrain (i. e. build on it because the terrain printed on the map is already your current home terrain) and 2 when you transform it before building.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Radu Stanculescu
Romania
Cluj-Napoca
Cluj
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think he's saying to use the tile for the current home color only if the hex has a different color, of course. So if home color is black, you'll use black tiles when needed (and not when the hex is already black); then if you switch to green as home color, you'll use green tiles when needed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert
Germany
Bocholt
flag msg tools
badge
I paid 100 Geek Gold so that you can read this! :-)
mbmbmbmbmb
carlcorey wrote:
I think he's saying to use the tile for the current home color only if the hex has a different color, of course. So if home color is black, you'll use black tiles when needed (and not when the hex is already black); then if you switch to green as home color, you'll use green tiles when needed.
Yes, thanks - of course putting a tile of the same color on a hex is useless. I've updated my text accordingly for the nitpicky, though I'm sure somebody still can come up with a different misinterpretation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.