Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
16 Posts

Star Wars: Imperial Assault» Forums » Rules

Subject: Nexu pounce and push rulings rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dominic Wai
msg tools
Hi guys,

For nexu's pounce it sayss you "place" him 3 tiles away. Does anyone know if you can do this through walls since its not actually a movement?

Also for force push does anyone know if all 3 movements need to be done in the same direction?

Thanks
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
When counting spaces ( including for 'within spaces', you count spaces of movement, but ignoring additional movement costs (such as difficult terrain). You can't count through walls, and usually can't count through Blocking Terrain ( but the Nexu can due to being Mobile, I believe). Check the Counting Spsces section for more info.

For push, there is no requirement that the spaces be in one direction. Check the Push section of the RRG for more.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dominic Wai
msg tools
Thanks Joegen, these both make sense
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I want to correct what seems to be a small mistake here. I surmised earlier that Nexu could potentially count through blocking terrain when resolving Pounce, but that is not supported by the rules. Although Nexu can move through blocking terrain, the rules for Counting Spaces do not specify to take Mobile into account. I guess that while they can cross blocking terrain normally, it's too high to jump over.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Vetter
Denmark
Hilleroed
flag msg tools
Just to make it clear...the Nexu ability says spaces and not tiles.
If it said tiles you could place it freely. There is nothing in the rules that restrict you from counting through doors when counting tiles.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Vetter
Denmark
Hilleroed
flag msg tools
Clipper wrote:
I want to correct what seems to be a small mistake here. I surmised earlier that Nexu could potentially count through blocking terrain when resolving Pounce, but that is not supported by the rules. Although Nexu can move through blocking terrain, the rules for Counting Spaces do not specify to take Mobile into account. I guess that while they can cross blocking terrain normally, it's too high to jump over.


However, it is alright for it to end in a space with blocking terrain pr. the place rules.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jo Bartok
Germany
Zwingenberg
Hessen
flag msg tools
Interaction leads to Immersion.
badge
Immersion leads to Fun.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
magikerendk wrote:
Clipper wrote:
I want to correct what seems to be a small mistake here. I surmised earlier that Nexu could potentially count through blocking terrain when resolving Pounce, but that is not supported by the rules. Although Nexu can move through blocking terrain, the rules for Counting Spaces do not specify to take Mobile into account. I guess that while they can cross blocking terrain normally, it's too high to jump over.


However, it is alright for it to end in a space with blocking terrain pr. the place rules.


Seems the Nexu need updated rules as well.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Vetter
Denmark
Hilleroed
flag msg tools
No the rules are ok as written.
You may not count through blocking terrain, but you can place 1 of the 2 squares of nexus in a blocking terrain in the end.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jo Bartok
Germany
Zwingenberg
Hessen
flag msg tools
Interaction leads to Immersion.
badge
Immersion leads to Fun.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe fine to you, to me this sounds like many exceptions and not a streamlined game. Let's see if they change that.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
If you changed the rules for this it would make some things absurd. Counting spaces would become non-reciprocal, so the distance between two figures would depend on which unit was making an attack and so on.

Thus, I'm also fine with the Nexu not being able to Pounce over blocking terrain.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jo Bartok
Germany
Zwingenberg
Hessen
flag msg tools
Interaction leads to Immersion.
badge
Immersion leads to Fun.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Pounce is no regular move.
There are already tons of inconsistencies - more than I like
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Caldwell
Canada
flag msg tools
Hello everybody. I bought this game recently and play the crap outta it. The other day my buddy used a nexu that was behind where a wall and a pillar meet. Wall was black line and the pillar is solid red which leads me to believe it goes right to the roof. My character was within 3 spaces of the nexu but only if he was able to pounce through the wall. Had he had to go around he would not have been able to reach. My argument is that they use the word pounce, which is an action of a cat. The nexu certainly looks like a cat. A pounce action should certainly follow the same physics rules as a cats pounce. Never once have i seen my cat pounce through a wall. One more thing is how the hell do you pounce on something you cant even see. Maybe they shoulda called it teleport or something cause in my opinion you should not be able to jump through walls as a cat.

Lemme know what you guys think please.

Thanks,

D
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
Get the Imperial Assault Campaign module for Vassal from http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Star_Wars:_Imperial_Assault
badge
The next Total Solar Eclipse holiday in 2024 in USA? See you there!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Read my response from your other thread.

See Counting Spaces. While Nexu can move through blocked, impassable, and difficult terrain while moving, the measurement for Pounce can not go through blocked terrain, walls, or doors.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy N
msg tools
magikerendk wrote:
Just to make it clear...the Nexu ability says spaces and not tiles.
If it said tiles you could place it freely. There is nothing in the rules that restrict you from counting through doors when counting tiles.


Huh?

Counting Spaces, RRG, p9 wrote:
Many effects require players to measure the distance between two spaces. To determine this number, the player counts the number of movement points it would take for a figure to move from one space to the other.

Impassible terrain, figures, and difficult terrain can be moved into and through without costing additional movement point for this measurement. This measurement cannot go through walls, doors, or blocking terrain.


Even if the Nexu is mobile, he cannot pounce through blocking terrain, walls, or doors.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sterling Johnson
United States
Beatrice
Nebraska
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Counting Spaces wrote:


Many effects require players to measure the distance between two
spaces. To determine this number, the player counts the number
of movement points it would take for a figure to move from one
space to the other.
Impassible terrain, figures, and difficult terrain can be moved into
and through without costing additional movement point for this
measurement. This measurement cannot go through walls, doors,
or blocking terrain.


If a figure’s ability specifies to choose something within a set
number of spaces, players count spaces
from the figure using
the ability

Likewise, if an ability specifies to choose an adjacent
figure, the figure must be adjacent to the figure using the ability



Bolded the relevant part.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
Get the Imperial Assault Campaign module for Vassal from http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Star_Wars:_Imperial_Assault
badge
The next Total Solar Eclipse holiday in 2024 in USA? See you there!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
jnad83 wrote:
Huh?

There is no such thing as Counting Tiles in the game. Tiles are the big things, spaces are the small squares.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.