Subject: Hermit: draw 1 location (from deck or from revealed locations)? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Carquinyoli

Tarragona
Catalunya
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Hermit card says: Draw 1 Location and place it under your control (using the keys from this Lord).

Other Ambassadors I think they explicitly say to draw 2 or 3 locations from the top of the deck (face down), choose one and put the others face up, but the Hermit is not specific about that.

So where does the Hermit draw from? face-up locations or face-down deck?

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gláucio Reis
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I've never seen the word "draw" be used to mean choosing from an open pool. Also, that is the ambassador lord worth most influence points, presumably to compensate for the lack of choice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carquinyoli

Tarragona
Catalunya
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Gláucio, that makes sense!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gláucio Reis
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
You are welcome. Just out of curiosity, do you have the game in a language other than English? I noticed that none of the ambassadors actually say "from the top of the deck", as you can see in the image below.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Zarzycki
Poland
Poznań
Wielkopolskie
flag msg tools
spiral out
badge
keep going
mbmbmbmbmb
Looking at abilities of others, it's pretty obvious to me, that it was intended to get the location from draw deck ("make others available" wouldn't be necessary in other case). "draw" in board games is common term to describe "pick a facedown element". If it was about the already available locations, it would say "take" or "pick".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.