Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: designers [+] [View All]
Catrin B
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Does anyone have any information about the game designer Johann Ruettinger? I have only recently developed my passion for boardgames, and it just occurred to me that I was friends with a guy in high school whose last name was Ruettinger and whose dad was a board game designer(I grew up in Germany). Now, of course, I want to know if that's him.

I've tried to google him but it's really hard to come up with a location or CV for him- or else, I'm just not very web-savvy.

Any hints?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Haigh-Hutchinson
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
My google search came back with quite a bit of info:

From game cabinet:
Johann R├╝ttinger

Die drei Magier (1985, Noris)
Die Verbotene Stadt (w/ Alex Randolph) (1992, Ravensburger)
Das verr├╝ckte Lexikon-Spiel (?, noris)

Even a photo:

http://www.spieletest.at/autor.php?ID=229

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Catrin B
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thanks, that wasn't bad. It says that he's originally from a city that is about 100km from where I grew up, so that's a small hint that it's him. I still can't find anything about where he lives currently, though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Levy
United States
Manassas
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Best hobby, with the best people in the world. Gaming is the best!
mbmbmbmbmb
The Luding web site has a ton of information on him:

http://sunsite.informatik.rwth-aachen.de/cgi-bin/luding/Auth...

It shows all his game designs, his year of birth (1947), the fact that three of his games were nominated for the Spiele des Jahres game of the year, and that a fourth won the SdJ Most Beautiful Game award. If this is the same man as your friend's dad, he was quite a distinguished designer in his day.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.