Popular Tags: [View All]
Nevin Longardner
United States
Westerville
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
what does small -1 VP icon on war cards mean?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jarek Szczepanik
Norway
Oslo
Oslo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
NevoGamer wrote:

All players who have lost the war lose not only the resource shown on the war card, but 1 VP as well. 1 VP loss can not be mitigated by stability.

Generally, - VP in black circles mean VP loss.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Armstrong
United States
Bedford
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Whoever does not meet the military requirement looses one victory point as well as the resources specified.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nevin Longardner
United States
Westerville
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Svartisen wrote:
NevoGamer wrote:

All players who have lost the war lose not only the resource shown on the war card, but 1 VP as well. 1 VP loss can not be mitigated by stability.

Generally, - VP in black circles mean VP loss.

Thanks fellas!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Dillenbeck
United States
Deerfield
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks all for the clarification! The rules are very poor on this - it doesn't define what that location means. For most cards, that location is the VP at the end of the game... who knew it also means "when its a war card, you suffer this loss also." (Why the heck is it there and not with the other icons? I don't know. Maybe to confuse new players.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
You can't handle the truth?
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Verbosity wrote:
Thanks all for the clarification! The rules are very poor on this - it doesn't define what that location means. For most cards, that location is the VP at the end of the game... who knew it also means "when its a war card, you suffer this loss also." (Why the heck is it there and not with the other icons? I don't know. Maybe to confuse new players.)
The rules are poor?

The rules state: "all defeated nations lose 1 VP as shown on the War card, even if they did not lose any resources."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nevin Longardner
United States
Westerville
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Test
To me, this is one of those things where an annotated picture would have helped. The Rulebook has the anatomy of each card type, but that tiny icon had no callout.

Obviously it's in the text and I just missed it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.