New York
flag msg tools
AKIMBO!
badge
반갑습니다!
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Shipping Progress - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

The ship delivering the Apex games is scheduled to arrive at the port in California in only 10 days from now. Then it will have to make its way through customs that can take anywhere from a few days to weeks (it is the holidays and their reputation is delays, delays, delays). Once it is cleared through customs it will be trucked to my location which will only take a week.

• Dec 30 (EST) - Ship arrives at US port

• 3-15 days of custom clearance + 7 days of truck transport

Quote:
Shipment #1 (Day One)

• Pre-orders (because they paid $70+ for their copies with shipping and tax)

• Titan reward tier

• Designer & Beta Tester reward tier

• Binary-Beta Tester reward tier

• Binary Hunter reward tier

• Beta Tester reward tier

• Early-Bird reward tier

Shipment #2

• Veteran reward tier (in backer number order)

Shipment #3

• Elite Hunter reward tier (in backer number order)

Shipment #4

• Hunter reward tier (in backer number order)

Not everything will go out at once, but in phases. Hershel goes into much more detail in this latest KS update and how to circumvent a potential delay with your backer rewards:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1357788757/apex-theropo...

Please give it a read before commenting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon Watson
United Kingdom
Banstead
Surrey - United Kingdom
flag msg tools
ASL - other tactical wargames call it Sir.
badge
Beneath this mask there is an idea.....and ideas are bulletproof.
mbmbmbmbmb
Not great news - as an international backer in the 'Hunter' tier it looks like I'm likely to be at the bottom of the list and not going to get my copy for some while, unless I pay an additional $45, which is very nearly what I paid originally.

It probably gets worse as well, even if I don't stump up the extra postage, as if postage is costing what we originally paid plus this addition, that will get added to the customs note when it is sent. UK Revenue & customs will then charge a further 20% on top of the total cost of item and shipping and then an additional $15 of handling fee. So I'm going to get hit by another $35 of cost already. So paying the extra shipping would bring this to a total cost of around $135.

I think Herschel needs to consider a possible bulk shipment/fulfilment solution for European backers - there should be time to look into that during the wait for this to clear customs in California, which sounds like it could be well into the New Year.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Palframan
United States
Jupiter
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
domus_ludorum wrote:
Not great news - as an international backer in the 'Hunter' tier it looks like I'm likely to be at the bottom of the list and not going to get my copy for some while

Gordon, I'm not positive, but I don't the international element influences the shipping order at all, but I completely understand that it adds an additional shipping hurdle if you wanted to pay to get your game earlier.

On another note, how do we tell what our 'backer order number' is?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon Watson
United Kingdom
Banstead
Surrey - United Kingdom
flag msg tools
ASL - other tactical wargames call it Sir.
badge
Beneath this mask there is an idea.....and ideas are bulletproof.
mbmbmbmbmb
mpalframan wrote:
domus_ludorum wrote:
Not great news - as an international backer in the 'Hunter' tier it looks like I'm likely to be at the bottom of the list and not going to get my copy for some while

Gordon, I'm not positive, but I don't the international element influences the shipping order at all, but I completely understand that it adds an additional shipping hurdle if you wanted to pay to get your game earlier.

I think the international aspect may influence the order as Herschel is likely to get as many orders out the door with available funds as he can and the lower shipping cost of US orders will allow him to complete more orders earlier.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Palframan
United States
Jupiter
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
domus_ludorum wrote:
mpalframan wrote:
domus_ludorum wrote:

I think the international aspect may influence the order as Herschel is likely to get as many orders out the door with available funds as he can and the lower shipping cost of US orders will allow him to complete more orders earlier.

Well, I guess we'll get another update when the first shipment goes out. I added Apex to my 10x10 challenge for 2015, so hopefully it arrives in time for me to get a bunch of plays in.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kimchi fried rice
United States
Uptown
New York
flag msg tools
AKIMBO!
badge
반갑습니다!
mbmbmbmbmb
mpalframan wrote:

That's a great question, especially good to know if you're one of the lucky few that will get shipments sooner than later and don't need to pay for shipping.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ross Allen
United Kingdom
Manchester
Greater Manchester
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
xBino wrote:
mpalframan wrote:

That's a great question, especially good to know if you're one of the lucky few that will get shipments sooner than later and don't need to pay for shipping.

On kickstarter, in the top right corner is your profile picture, click it and a drop down box appears, click on backer history. Then click on the game and an in window pop up will come up with a bunch of project information, the 3rd line you will see B #xxx. This is your backer number.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kimchi fried rice
United States
Uptown
New York
flag msg tools
AKIMBO!
badge
반갑습니다!
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the tip!

#342 Elite Hunter, I'm about half way... crossing my fingers..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Box of Delights
United Kingdom
Neston
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
designer
Visit me at www.boxofdelights.net
mbmbmbmbmb
do remember that this project was joint funded through KS AND pre-orders, and the KS folks got a better price, so it's kind of swings and roundabouts

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gunter D'HOOGH
Belgium
WESPELAAR
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm #184 Elite Hunter.

I mailed Stephanie at Die-hard games and got a very fast and friendly answer (my thanks, Stephanie).

But my game hasn't been sent yet (so of course no tracking number).

Are there any Elite Hunters in EUROPE who did receive their games? I know we were in the third shipment and because I have #184 I thought it should have been shipped by now.

I think I'll have to wait and see.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lloyd Kochinka
United States
minneola
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
mb
yvesvanherp wrote:
I'm #184 Elite Hunter.

I mailed Stephanie at Die-hard games and got a very fast and friendly answer (my thanks, Stephanie).

But my game hasn't been sent yet (so of course no tracking number).

Are there any Elite Hunters in EUROPE who did receive their games? I know we were in the third shipment and because I have #184 I thought it should have been shipped by now.

I think I'll have to wait and see.

Sounds like maybe you got missed somehow. I got mine on Monday and they said all of the Elite Hunter tier was shipped out by last Saturday. I would keep trying to contact them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gunter D'HOOGH
Belgium
WESPELAAR
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, Lloyd.

There has to be something wrong indeed.

That and the fact I also pledged for: the strategy guide, the nest mats and the player mats. I know I am not going to get them (yet) but the fact I pledged 98 dollars and don't have anything at all makes me feel rather sad.

Stefanie told me my package hasn't even been sent yet.

This is NOT good.

I certainly was going to kickstart Hershell's new project but now I will have to reconsider (if I will pledge at all)!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Highlord Tamburlaine
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If it's any consolation, I pledged for most of that as well, but being backer 830+ out of the entire campaign means I'm going to be waiting far longer than anyone else around here.

Hopefully you get yours sooner rather than later. My wife is on a board game inquisition at the moment, so I suppose it's alright if those theropods take a little longer coming to visit me!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gunter D'HOOGH
Belgium
WESPELAAR
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In the meantime Herschel answered me that my package has just been sent.
So I'm expecting delivery within the next two weeks.

I do hope you get yours also in a few weeks, Nathan. And I'll keep fingers crossed the "inquisition" will move along without having any clue!

Günter
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.