Popular Tags: [View All]
Christer Ulfsparre
Sweden
Eskilstuna
Södermanland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have some questions about routing...

1) A broken unit in a building/woods is not force to rout if a known enemy unit is two hexes away, right? (Because he is already in a building/woods)

2) When routing in open terrain and both the routing and interdicting players is unsure about LOS, can both players check LOS freely during the routing or how does this exactly work?

3) A routing unit that reaches his destination, can he continue to rout (choose a new destination) on the same turn (as long as he have MF's left)?

4) A routing SMC have 3 MFs and a MMC have 6 MFs. If they started on the same hex and moved together. The leader would have to stop at 3 MFs while the other MMCs could continue with their 6 MFs. Is this correct? (Or do the leader gain 6MFs also because he is routing as a stack?)

Also a extra question:

5) Units in the same building fighting each other (with guns not melee) do they gain any TEM?

6) Same as 5) but for woods?

Thanks for any help
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geo
Greece
Athens
Marousi
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Yes

2. Both can check

3. Can continue only if moving into woods/buildings.

4. SMC has 6MF. Wounded SMC has 3 MF. A wounded leader doesn't gain extra MFs because he is stacked with a MMC.

5. I guess that you mean in the same building but not the same hex, right? If in same hex then it is a Close Combat/Melee. Else TEM applies normally.

6. Same
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christer Ulfsparre
Sweden
Eskilstuna
Södermanland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GeoMan wrote:
1. Yes

2. Both can check

3. Can continue only if moving into woods/buildings.

4. SMC has 6MF. Wounded SMC has 3 MF. A wounded leader doesn't gain extra MFs because he is stacked with a MMC.

5. I guess that you mean in the same building but not the same hex, right? If in same hex then it is a Close Combat/Melee. Else TEM applies normally.

6. Same

Thanks that helps a lot!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martí Cabré

Terrassa
Catalonia, Spain
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As a side note for 4), note that every unit routs individually, even if they are stacked, the only exception being leaders which can rout with a broken unit, even if they are not broken.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ruben Rigillo
Italy
Roma
Rm
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
marticabre wrote:
As a side note for 4), note that every unit routs individually, even if they are stacked, the only exception being leaders which can rout with a broken unit, even if they are not broken.

...but UNPINNED!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eoin Corrigan
Ireland
Wexford
Wexford
flag msg tools
designer
ASL Fanatic
badge
Royal Dublin Fusiliers "Spectamur Agendo"
mbmbmbmbmb
Further side note for question 3. A routing unit may continue beyond its rout destination, provided it moves directly into rout terrain - it's not possible to rout to a valid rout destination and then onward via open ground / brush / grain to another rout destination.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Quantum Jack
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can a routing unit use the road bonus?

I know it says that the 6 MF cannot be increased, but I'm not sure if that applies to terrain effects.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eoin Corrigan
Ireland
Wexford
Wexford
flag msg tools
designer
ASL Fanatic
badge
Royal Dublin Fusiliers "Spectamur Agendo"
mbmbmbmbmb
Quantum_Jack wrote:
Can a routing unit use the road bonus?

Nope - the Road Bonus is valid during the MPh only.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Quantum Jack
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks. That was what I thought, but I may be teaching others soon, and wanted to be sure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.