Popular Tags: [View All]
Mario Aguila
Chile
Puerto Montt
Chile
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm thinking to play my first 18FL with my girlfriend, to learn it before to present to my group, and to check the rules.
Probably the game is better with 3 or 4 players, but will it serve to have a good idea of its mechaism and possible strategies?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Devin Smith
England
Southampton
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It'll work, and the mechanisms are all there, but 2-player 18xx has some issues: namely, everyone tends to have 'too much' money at the start, and it makes hurting the other player much more incentivised relative to in a multiplayer game.

Due to that, it also reduces player interaction, as one doesn't want to be too heavily invested in your opponent's company for fear you will become the proprietor of a trainless company.

To learn, though, go nuts. . . just don't expect your girlfriend to be particularly impressed by it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mario Aguila
Chile
Puerto Montt
Chile
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not worried about my girlfriend...she will be my guinea pig ...i don't want to make mistakes with my fellow gamers

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Casadonte
United States
Media
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
The compass always points to Terrapin.
mbmbmbmbmb
We played 18FL two-player recently and it worked quite well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.