Subject: Random Events options rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Peter Manning
United Kingdom
Leamington Spa
Warwickshire
flag msg tools
Alfred Adler (1870-1937): The greatest psychologist of the 20th century - not recognised as everyone plagiarises his ideas
mbmbmbmbmb
The German Order of Appearance card has on it spaces for the Random event counters.

What event does the Fraulein counter relate to..I must have missed something, somewhere in the rules…sorry…

The events on the card relate to 2 different die rolls, one for 17AM and another for 18AM, turns…this seems in contradiction with rule 29 which says once during the game on the 18AM turn a roll for a random event is made…also this list of six possible events does not have the same events as on the Appearance card. For example the IR counter relates to an event in the variant rules 'additional 'random events'…

It almost seems like there are three ways to do random events…the Order of Appearance card (not spoken of in the rules as far as I can see), rule 29, and rule 38 (additional random events).

So…I guess I'm asking how does the German Order of Appearance card relate to the rule book on random events or is the card or rule 29 in error?

Sorry I have got a little confused...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Heller
United States
Barrington
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
designer
Peter: For an explanation of the "fraulein counter," see 38.3 Additional Random Events - Commentary, Bayerlein Distracted.
The 18AM Random Events are required use in the 6 game-turn and 8 game-turn scenarios, whereas additional random events use is considered optional. Rather than create a separate card for those random events, we chose to integrate them.
'Hope this helps.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.