Hide
8 Posts

Shadows of Brimstone: City of the Ancients» Forums » Rules

Subject: Bandito and Targa rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Robert Clark
msg tools
When in Targa, Heroes take a penalty (weather effects) and also get a bonus (more Grit on movement). But the Bandito already has the same benefit, so does that mean he is kinda screwed in Targa relative to everyone else, or does he get Grit on one more?

This one seems really obvious from a reading of the rules, but doesn't feel fair. Unfairness is kinda fun when randomly applied occasionally and spread around a bit, but it seems odd for it to affect only one character type in such a large subset of the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ondrej Kocnar
Czech Republic
Prague
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe he is handicapped in Targa indeed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken H.
United States
Amherst
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Bandido is specifically mentioned in the Adventure Book. You get TWO grit on a 1 or 2 in Targa. It's a great advantage.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Clark
msg tools
Rubric wrote:
The Bandido is specifically mentioned in the Adventure Book. You get TWO grit on a 1 or 2 in Targa. It's a great advantage.

You are my answer man today. And, wow, that's really good.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ondrej Kocnar
Czech Republic
Prague
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rubric wrote:

My bad.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dwayne Hendrickson
United States
Oklahoma City
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I need to remember that. We played it that he got grit on 1, 2, or 3. The two for one is better, except my Bandido is injured and can only have one grit. Gotta get to the Doc and pray that he is handy enough to heal me and not maim me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darryl Gardner
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does that mean that other heroes also get 2 grit on a roll of 1 and a single grit on a roll of 2?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthias Fischer
Poland
Warszawa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
FencePost wrote:
Does that mean that other heroes also get 2 grit on a roll of 1 and a single grit on a roll of 2?

No, just one grit on a roll of 1 or 2.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.