Popular Tags: [View All]
Ian Clark
United States
Loudon
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Someone bought this for my grandfather (a huge football fan) a number of years ago. I don't think he ever played it and I nabbed it, never to give it back. I doubt he remembers. Anyway, this is a game for real diehards of the game of football itself.

Unlike the more popular football sims like Strat-o-matic, etc, there are no real players and teams in this game. Instead, there are real PLAYS. As in Toss Sweep Left, etc. Through a mathematical system designed to accurately predict how a certain offensive play would stack up against a certain defense, each play of the game is determined.

The cool factor comes in applying the plays that you've called. The player on offense lays down his/her choice of play and the defender sets his/her pre-selected defense on top of the offense card. The defense cards are clear on top so that when you lay the defense card on top, the diagramed Xs and Os show you how the play would line up. As you can probably guess, solo play on this game would be hard to pull off since the plays are selected secretly.

The defense-on-top mechanism also shows you the windows used to determine the result of the play. Roll two dice and add the result, finding the correct window to see how many yards are lost or gained.

There are also rules for everything you would expect such as timing plays, kickoffs, etc.

The components are decent and contained inside a nice case that snaps open to reveal the playing area. Pegs mark the score, time, downs, etc. and the magnetic first down chains and football are a nice touch.

Overall, if you've got a couple of football diehards together, it's not a bad way to spend an hour or two.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.