Popular Tags: [View All]
Gordon J
United States
Eagan
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Print and Play Gamer
mbmbmbmbmb
When the Japanese get the M-action, machine gun fire for coastal positions, I am confused at how it works differently than normal fire. On the chart it says "Hex adjacent to intense fire dot hex when fire type is M." What the hell does that mean?

On first glance it seems better for the player since when you are hit you lose a step but are not disrupted.

Does machine gun fire mean it extends one extra hex range than normally? And the fact MG fire is priority 3 makes it seem to me I need to see if a US unit is in the Priority 1 Intense Fire before I get to Priority 3.

I don't know I'm confused.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edgar Gallego
Spain
Sarriguren
Navarra
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
With normal fire there are only 2 priorities: Intense and Steady. If the "M" is shown for the coastal position, then you have it as 3rd priority, and also the fire from that position extends into hexes (without dots from that position) adjacent to the Position's intense dot hexes.

Summary: You still have to check priorities, but you have a 3rd one with an extended range.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon J
United States
Eagan
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Print and Play Gamer
mbmbmbmbmb
Edgar Gallego wrote:
With normal fire there are only 2 priorities: Intense and Steady. If the "M" is shown for the coastal position, then you have it as 3rd priority, and also the fire from that position extends into hexes (without dots from that position) adjacent to the Position's intense dot hexes.

Summary: You still have to check priorities, but you have a 3rd one with an extended range.

Thank you very much.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.