John Boone
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1. When are Allied "Air Attack" cards allowed to be played before "Air Superiority" is played, Only during Allied On-Map Operations?

2. When are Allied "Air Attack" cards allowed to be played after "Air Superiority" is played? "Air Superiority" cards says they can be played during a Japanese On-Map Operation, can it still be played during an Allied On-Map Operation too?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Judd Vance
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
Every Man a (K-State) Wildcat!
badge
"Just get that sucka to the designated place at the designated time and I will gladly designate his ass...for dismemberment!" - Sho Nuff.
mbmbmbmbmb
Before Air Superiority, they are a green card, meaning if you play the card initiative chit, you can play the card as your card action.

After Air Superiority, they become red cards and according to the series rules (2.3.1), they can be played during an operation. It does not say only during an enemy operation, so I don't see why you are limited to an enemy operation. Remember this: you are also not limited to one card. An effective tactic is to hoard them and then play them one after another consecutively on ships in a port, because they are sitting ducks and cannot leave the port. If you have one that is both depleted and disorganized and it fails a check on air attack, it is destroyed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francisco Ronco Poce
Spain
Sevilla
Sevilla
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
airjudden wrote:
Before Air Superiority, they are a green card, meaning if you play the card initiative chit, you can play the card as your card action.

After Air Superiority, they become red cards and according to the series rules (2.3.1), they can be played during an operation. It does not say only during an enemy operation, so I don't see why you are limited to an enemy operation. Remember this: you are also not limited to one card. An effective tactic is to hoard them and then play them one after another consecutively on ships in a port, because they are sitting ducks and cannot leave the port. If you have one that is both depleted and disorganized and it fails a check on air attack, it is destroyed.

Totally right!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Gómez Relloso
Spain
Dobro (Los Altos)
Burgos
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
After Air Superiority, they become red cards and according to the series rules (2.3.1), they can be played during an operation. It does not say only during an enemy operation, so I don't see why you are limited to an enemy operation.

I know that the designer Francisco Ronco has agreed, but the Spanish version of the game says:

- After playing Air Superiority card Air Attack cards are also considered red cards, but they are still considered green cards: the Allied player may use them if he chooses "card" option or in a Japanese Operation, see below (the text of Air Superiority card is clear in this aspect).

- I have said "in a Japanese Operation" because the campaign rules (10.d) specifically say that. So the Allied player cannot use them in an Allied Operation, only in an enemy one.

David

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.