Popular Tags: microbadge [+] [View All]
Joe Grundy
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
IE does not render transparency correctly for PNG images.

Ok so it's not up to BGG to fix IE. However, many/some/most of the PNG microbadges have a grey background tagged as the transparent colour, which looks a bit yurk. Could some kind soul re-do the PNG microbadges either

a) Convert all to GIF (what's the legal position on GIF these days?)

or

b) Convert all the PNG files to have a basically white background colour tagged for transparent so it'll still look ok in IE. (Actually, an offwhite background would be better since half the time you'll see microbadges against white and half the time against forum-page light blue so a colour halfway between white and forum-page colour might be best.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
フィル
Australia
Ashfield
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I've got an 808 and a 303 and a record collection like the ABC
mbmbmbmbmb
As a curmudegon, my preference is to leave it as it is in the vain hope that one day MS with comply with the various specs and standards out of shame.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
László K.
United States
Hopatcong
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
...Or perhaps BGG could simply implement the PNG work-around for Microsoft Internet Explorer (IE). Naturally, this is only a temporary fix for a major discrepancy in IE, but we may as well enjoy the transparency of PNGs in all browsers. Considering that IE is still the web browser used by a majority of Internet users, I'm a bit surprized that BGG has not taken steps to implement this fix.

Here is just one of the many websites that explain what the PNG issue is in IE, and how to fix it:
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/bobosola/index.htm

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I vote for continuing to punish MSIE users

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.