Popular Tags: [View All]
Sam Curd
United Kingdom
winchester
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hi there, so the following questions have cropped up during play;

if I have an event in my hand of seven cards and I must draw two more, can I play it right away to avoid discarding two cards? and the reverse situation, if I have seven cards and I draw two more, one of which is an event, can I play it instantly and discard only one card?

Also, if you reveal a card for the infect step and it has two colours (say black and yellow) do you only place the cube of the colour of the city, or do you place one of each colour? I know this is so if one is purple, but I'd like to check.

Thank you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Hindmarch
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
You may play event cards immediately. You only add a cube of the color on the card (excepting, of course, purple).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Curd
United Kingdom
winchester
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
So does that go for both examples? I mean, technically if you just drew the event it isn't in your hand until you've discarded a card to make room for it, by which time it can't be used to get that card back.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Gameson
United Kingdom
Worcestershire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello there!

Dilarus wrote:

if I have an event in my hand of seven cards and I must draw two more, can I play it right away to avoid discarding two cards?

Yes you may

Dilarus wrote:

...and the reverse situation, if I have seven cards and I draw two more, one of which is an event, can I play it instantly and discard only one card?

Again, yes you may. The order of events would be that you start at 7 cards, draw up to 9, check to see if you are over 7 (you are) and then either discard cards or use events to bring you back down to 7.

Dilarus wrote:
Also, if you reveal a card for the infect step and it has two colours (say black and yellow) do you only place the cube of the colour of the city, or do you place one of each colour? I know this is so if one is purple, but I'd like to check.

There are no cities in Pandemic that have 2 colours on them; such a situation only occurs in the expansions. Each city has 1 colour.

Hope this helps
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephanie Morgan
United States
Shawnee
KS
flag msg tools
badge
It's Clan Mackintosh!
mbmbmbmbmb
TheOneEared wrote:

Dilarus wrote:

There are no cities in Pandemic that have 2 colours on them; such a situation only occurs in the expansions. Each city has 1 colour.

Hope this helps

But there is a case in the original game where a card can cause a city to have multiple colors of infection. When epidemics spread and cause outbreaks, you could theoretically have 3 disease cubes of each color in a city with this condition.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Conti
United States
Everett
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Only the color of the original city gets duplicated. Outbreaks and Purples are the only way to get a different color on a city.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Gameson
United Kingdom
Worcestershire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
stephmo wrote:
TheOneEared wrote:

Dilarus wrote:

Hope this helps

But there is a case in the original game where a card can cause a city to have multiple colors of infection. When epidemics spread and cause outbreaks, you could theoretically have 3 disease cubes of each color in a city with this condition.

Good point there; misinterpreted the question. In which case, only cube(s) of the colour shown on the infection card are added.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.