Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Dieckmann
United States
Bronx
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There sems to be a big flaw in the instructions for this mission.

the three counters to make one the blue one placed it the three tents Then it says,
Under objectives Explore the area. Find the blue Objective, and activates all event triggers,

Is this just a simple typo and it should say activate all event triggers?

Normally this means you need the blue one to open a door, which in this case could be the 1st door into the building complex. If you do what the instruction says you would spawn 17 cards before you even have a chance to have a searchable location, not to mention the three spawn areas.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad B
United States
Anderson
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks like a simple typo to me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Menard
United States
Lincoln
NE
flag msg tools
Neither door on that map is a blue door.

To win, you need to pick up the blue objective token (one of the three in the tents), and then trigger all the green question mark triggers by walking onto those tiles inside the buildings.

when you open the door on tile 6R, it only spawns those 3 building zones on that tile. When you move through those zone and enter the building zone on 3R, all 5 building zones on that tile spawn (including the one you just entered).

Same thing happens when you enter one of the connected zones on tile 2V, all 5 building zones spawn (including the one across the inner hallway).

The event trigger tokens (green question marks) are designed to allow for large buildings to spawn in smaller sections.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Dieckmann
United States
Bronx
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes that is true. I understand how the game is supposed to work.

I was only having an issue because of the simple typo in one of the 12 missions in the book that had to have been read many times by the people who made the game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Menard
United States
Lincoln
NE
flag msg tools
Chrisxny wrote:
Yes that is true. I understand how the game is supposed to work.

I was only having an issue because of the simple typo in one of the 12 missions in the book that had to have been read many times by the people who made the game?

I would be surprised if it was the only one

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Cooper
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Mage Wars: Beastmaster's Pet
mbmbmbmbmb
It might have been read several times in French by its playtesters, and then translated into English.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Ciaramitaro
msg tools
Confused about the wording for this objective also. It says finding the blue objective activates the event triggers. Does this mean before you find the objective the triggers do nothing? Or do you spawn all the rooms when the objective is found? If so, why bother with triggers at all (default rules would have all rooms spawn when the door opens)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christophe Muller de Schongor
France
Cachan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mciaramitaro wrote:
Confused about the wording for this objective also. It says finding the blue objective activates the event triggers. Does this mean before you find the objective the triggers do nothing? Or do you spawn all the rooms when the objective is found? If so, why bother with triggers at all (default rules would have all rooms spawn when the door opens)?

No, it is simpler than that.
You have to find the blue x AND you have to trigger all the Triggers.
Whatever order. There is no link between blue and anything else on the board.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.