Subject: Space Dock for iOS 1.1.1 now available rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Robert George
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
It took over a week, but version 1.1.1 of Space Dock for iOS is now available in the App Store. It includes the following changes:

Added iPad support
Added iPhone 6 support
Added "Select All" option to sets list
Added support for Regent's Flagship cloak
Corrected costing for Dorsal Phaser Array
Improved support for Tahna Los & Quark
Bug fixes

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/st-space-dock/id740765008?uo...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Holsclaw
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Love the new iPad interface. Well done.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Adams
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I got it for my iPad mini, it loads, then crashes when I pick an option
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob
msg tools
When I downloaded the latest update for my iPad Air, and I launch Space Dock, I saw the new interface (longer menu) but upon clicking any of the rows (such as {"Squads" or "Crew") it immediately crashes and goes back to the iOS home screen.

I had to delete the app (losing all my data) and reinstall the older version in the app store, which works, but when I updated again, same problem--instant crash.

What do I do?

In the previous release, most of the menus worked but scrolling down into the Ferengi sectin of the "Weapons" list caused an instant crash.

In this latest version, clicking any menu on the start screen of the app causes an instant crash.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob
msg tools
FleetCaptDanAdams wrote:

!! I just posted the same thing lol.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert George
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
FleetCaptDanAdams wrote:

Hi, this bug was just brought to my attention. The issue has to do with using an outdated version of iOS, which is why it was not discovered in testing. I can fix it, but Apple is not allowing new app submissions over the holidays. At this point, there are 2 options:
1. Update iOS
2. Wait till after the holidays and Apple lets me submit the fix.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert George
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
FleetCaptDanAdams and EsquireFlyer what version of iOS do you have installed on your iPads? Is there any particular reason you have not updated to iOS 8?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob
msg tools
rrgeorge wrote:
FleetCaptDanAdams and EsquireFlyer what version of iOS do you have installed on your iPads? Is there any particular reason you have not updated to iOS 8?

Thanks for the fast reply! I had 7.1.something.

I will update to 8.1.something and see if it works.

I didn't know there was a new iOS out. Either I didn't get an update prompt, or maybe I ignored the iOS update prompt. (I tend to be wary of things that demand to update themselves, unless I know I want an update. With Space Dock I know I want the update.)

I'm guessing there's no way to recover the data I deleted when I deleted the last instance of the app, right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert George
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
EsquireFlyer wrote:
I'm guessing there's no way to recover the data I deleted when I deleted the last instance of the app, right?

You could restore your iPad from your last backup, but you'd end up losing everything you've done on your iPad since the backup.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob
msg tools
Thanks. I won't restore it then. But it's okay, I knew the risks when I deleted the app.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Patrick
United States
flag msg tools
mbmb
rrgeorge wrote:

Other than "It's ugly?"

By the way folks, this is how you do app support. Professional and friendly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Adams
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
i currently have an iPhone 4S

By all accounts the new update is less than friendly to them, so I have held off updating

Not wanting to lose connection between my iPad and Iphone, (find my iPhone etc) I have held off updating on my iPad too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Anderson
United States
Greer
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rrgeorge wrote:
FleetCaptDanAdams wrote:

Hi, this bug was just brought to my attention. The issue has to do with using an outdated version of iOS, which is why it was not discovered in testing. I can fix it, but Apple is not allowing new app submissions over the holidays. At this point, there are 2 options:
1. Update iOS
2. Wait till after the holidays and Apple lets me submit the fix.

Robert.

I'm running iOS 8.1.2, and I'm able to select an option (like squad), but when I attempt to add a captain to my ship that is outside of the ships faction, it crashes on me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Boehland
United States
Apple Valley
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
From the subject line, I thought it required iOS version 1.1.1 somehow.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert George
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Alyksandyr wrote:

Robert.

I'm running iOS 8.1.2, and I'm able to select an option (like squad), but when I attempt to add a captain to my ship that is outside of the ships faction, it crashes on me.

Can you provide me with a specific example? What device?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob
msg tools
Mine works after installing OS8. thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Anderson
United States
Greer
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rrgeorge wrote:
Alyksandyr wrote:

Robert.

ipad 4th gen.

I access a pre-exsisting fleet.

I select on ship in the fleet, then select the captain slot, and attempt to change the faction of that captain, and it crashes on me. Just did it again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert George
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Alyksandyr wrote:
rrgeorge wrote:
Alyksandyr wrote:

Robert.

ipad 4th gen.

I access a pre-exsisting fleet.

I select on ship in the fleet, then select the captain slot, and attempt to change the faction of that captain, and it crashes on me. Just did it again.

Any fleet, or a specific fleet? What ship and captain, what captain are you trying to change it to?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.