Clive Lovett
Canada
Kamloops
British Columbia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello,

For New Year's Eve six families are getting together - the best of friends. The kids will be playing downstairs and the adults will be around a table, drinking, chatting, laughing and having fun! The age range is 33 to 49 and the group enjoys Cards Against Humanity (we know what lines an be crossed whistle ) and Snake Oil.

Any suggestions for party games that will allow for the large number and a relaxing atmosphere with lots of laughter!?

Thanks is advance
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Telestrations (12 player pack)

super fun game, and can be modified with naughty words if you want
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tanner Tan
Singapore
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mascarade plays up to 13 players, and my group had plenty of laughter with this one!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bort
Australia
Brisbane
Qld
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dixit: Odyssey

I think Odyssey is the 12 player version, isnt it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Schmoll
United States
Raleigh
NC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Clive65 wrote:
Hello,

For New Year's Eve six families are getting together - the best of friends. The kids will be playing downstairs and the adults will be around a table, drinking, chatting, laughing and having fun! The age range is 33 to 49 and the group enjoys Cards Against Humanity (we know what lines an be crossed whistle ) and Snake Oil.

Any suggestions for party games that will allow for the large number and a relaxing atmosphere with lots of laughter!?

Thanks is advance

I would recommend Telestrations: 12 Player Party Pack or Time's Up! Title Recall!. We've had tons of fun with both of those and it creates some really great inside jokes/memories and just a good time.

Also good for that relaxing/laughing feel you're going for.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel West
United States
Springfield
OR
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Reverse Charades
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregg S.
United States
North Chesterfield
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have to +1 Telestrations: 12 Player Party Pack. It will take a little longer with a full complement of 12 people, but you guys will be laughing so hard it will be worth it.

I have only played, maybe, 3 or 4 times; buy every time I laughed so hard it hurt.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mitch Willis
United States
Kathleen
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bortmonkey wrote:

+1 for this...and yes it goes up to 12. You'd probably also want to get an expansion set or 2, for replay purposes, as playing with that many you'll go thru a lot of cards...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moe45673
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
bortmonkey wrote:

If you can find it. The current version is this: Dixit: Odyssey (expansion)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray
United States
Mansfield
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Matthew 10: 29-31
mbmbmbmbmb
Wits and Wagers can be set up in teams

the little electronic Catchphrase is a blast as well and is all contained in the single unit that is passed around
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Wilson
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mb
The Werewolves of Miller's Hollow is a good one for a large group like this, and it won't run you nearly as much money as Dixit + 1 or 2 expansions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gunky Gamer
United States
Gardiner
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Clive65 wrote:
Hello,

Thanks is advance

You have exactly described our annual New Year's Eve. As others have already said, Telestrations is perfect for this. Wits & Wagers in teams works. We are going to introduce One Night Ultimate Werewolf this year--it only plays ten, but the rounds are super quick. You can have one person play narrator and the other person (maybe the 1st person out of the previous round) refill glasses.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Glen Parks
United States
Cheswick
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Telestrations Against Humanity

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bort
Australia
Brisbane
Qld
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Moe45673 wrote:
bortmonkey wrote:

Its easy to make the other versions 12 players tho - find a token to use, make some voting pieces, and away you go

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Schmoll
United States
Raleigh
NC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bortmonkey wrote:
Moe45673 wrote:
bortmonkey wrote:

Its easy to make the other versions 12 players tho - find a token to use, make some voting pieces, and away you go

For what it's worth, we just used 8-sided or 12-sided, etc. dice and every card had a number written in front of them. Worked fine, we just covered it and revealed it after the count of 3.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T.W. McLain 3
United States
Tulsa
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Party game for adults?

Cards Against Humanity.

Discussion over.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.