Recommend
2 
 Thumb up
 Hide
9 Posts

Star Wars: Imperial Assault» Forums » General

Subject: Campaign Mission 1 "Aftermath" video batrep rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steve Smith
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's an 8 and a half minute video of how our first campaign mission went:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dhl_r7tKbwU&feature=youtu.be

Very close.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Robinson
United States
Reno
Nevada
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice video. Similar ending with ours. Rebels won in the 6th round and I chose the other option.

Btw- I don't think you're supposed to reveal the spawn points. Gives some info to the other players.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Haraldsson
Sweden
Strängnäs
Södermanland
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
timmontana wrote:

Btw- I don't think you're supposed to reveal the spawn points. Gives some info to the other players.


That's what I thought as well. As far as I understood it it's supposed to be a surprise for the rebels.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Westrip
England
Horsham
West Sussex
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Pops wrote:
timmontana wrote:

Btw- I don't think you're supposed to reveal the spawn points. Gives some info to the other players.


That's what I thought as well. As far as I understood it it's supposed to be a surprise for the rebels.


Deployment points are hidden information that only the Imperial player knows.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel van de Laar
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
My son and I were playing the rebels.

The game was pretty fun to play, and quite balanced. Every round it seemed that it could go either way, and frankly, I thought we were going to lose. It all came down to the wookie - and he wouldn't have been able to do it, if he hadn't received so much damage from the storm troopers - which allowed him to gain a focus, with which he was able to destroy the last com.

Great game.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Smith
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sgwestrip wrote:
Pops wrote:
timmontana wrote:

Btw- I don't think you're supposed to reveal the spawn points. Gives some info to the other players.


That's what I thought as well. As far as I understood it it's supposed to be a surprise for the rebels.


Deployment points are hidden information that only the Imperial player knows.


Yeah, I won't mark the Imperial deployment zones in the future. I just feel guilty about keeping info from players but I'll try to be more secretive about stuff in the future.

I really should have deployed more Stormtroopers and used them to block line-of-sight to the terminals. I made lots of mistakes but I don't mind losing because it was a lot of fun to play. I learned a lot from this battle.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shon James
msg tools
So a noob question here, but I believe at the end of the video you mentioned that you "Brought the Probe Droid back". Are you allowed to do that? Obviously you can't reinforce the droid since it's a single unit, and the deployment rules state you can play a card from your hand.

So I guess my question is, when the probe droid was destroyed, does the card go back to your hand, and thus allows you to deploy it again given you have enough threat to do so?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Smith
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Shon911 wrote:
So a noob question here, but I believe at the end of the video you mentioned that you "Brought the Probe Droid back". Are you allowed to do that? Obviously you can't reinforce the droid since it's a single unit, and the deployment rules state you can play a card from your hand.

So I guess my question is, when the probe droid was destroyed, does the card go back to your hand, and thus allows you to deploy it again given you have enough threat to do so?


Yes, on page 11 of the "Rules Reference Guide" under "Deployment" in the fourth bullet paragraph,it says,

"When an initial or reserved group is defeated, except for unique figures, the Deployment card is returned to the Imperial player's hand and can be optionally deployed during the Status Phase".

I should have had two Stormtrooper squads (six troopers!) and two Imperial Officers in the end protecting those terminals! I made a lot of mistakes in this game. I will be much better prepared for the next one!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shon James
msg tools
Well that is fantastic! Thank you.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.