Recommend
2 
 Thumb up
 Hide
26 Posts
1 , 2  Next »   | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Recommendations

Subject: Funniest party games rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Christopher
msg tools
Looking for some suggestions on party games that will get some laughs. Thanks!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damn Dirty Ape!
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmb
Telestrations: 12 Player Party Pack had my wife in tears (from laughter) twice during the same game.
9 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
フィル
Australia
Ashfield
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I've got an 808 and a 303 and a record collection like the ABC
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Ugg-Tect is the best!
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shelia Wright
United States
Buffalo
NY
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
+1 telestrations... best and funniest party gsme there is.

2nd is times up title recall
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Schmoll
United States
Raleigh
NC
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Shelia102881 wrote:
+1 telestrations... best and funniest party gsme there is.

2nd is times up title recall


Could not say it any better. Though recently, my friends have been in love with Time's Up! Title Recall!, though it is also the newer of the two in our rotation.

1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tanner Tan
Singapore
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Mascarade

We had plenty of good laughs with this one!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Derbyshire
United Kingdom
Norton Mandeville
Essex
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Ghost Blitz
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T. Nomad
Netherlands
Den Bosch
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Eat Poop You Cat.

You already own it.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jess
Australia
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
jospanther wrote:
Shelia102881 wrote:
+1 telestrations... best and funniest party gsme there is.

2nd is times up title recall


Could not say it any better. Though recently, my friends have been in love with Time's Up! Title Recall!, though it is also the newer of the two in our rotation.



Time's Up has been an absolutely hilarious hit with everyone I've played it with. Except that we play the public domain version - Celebrities - and allow fictional characters as well as celebrities.

Say Anything is always very funny too although that might depend on the group you play it with.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim F
United Kingdom
Birmingham
West Midlands
flag msg tools
Airfix Rules anyone?
badge
Ashwin in front of Tiger 131
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb

Not a boardgame but the funniest party game I ever played was pinning a carrot dangling from a piece of string on to peoples backs and getting them to try and rest the bottom of the carrot on to the top of a milk bottle.

The string has to be of a length that the person has to squat over the bottle to do it.

The only guarantee with the game is that no one comes out of it with their dignity intact.

Mental images to last a lifetime.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. M.
Belgium
Tongeren
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The shiny new: Spyfall.

Time's Up! I've seen people cry from laughter.

Party Animals: I've seen people cry with this game as well..

2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Gabriel
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
It's been my experience the paranoia and accusations that arise during The Resistance have lead to some pretty hilarious times. It's not a direct intension of the game however my group has never played a game w/o some big laughs.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Gallo
United States
New York
flag msg tools
+1 for Time's Up and Telestrations. I also got Reverse Charades on the cheap which is cool by itself but I got the Sports and a girls a night packs and also made my own battle of the sexes charades game. The guys act out the girls pack cards and the girls act out the sports pack cards. Some of the funniest moments I've ever witnessed.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Putrino
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Things...
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Life is a lamp-flame before a wind.
msg tools
badge
mu
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Jungle Speed is always a safe bet.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
C Dylan wrote:
Telestrations: 12 Player Party Pack had my wife in tears (from laughter) twice during the same game.
Me and a friend both have the 8 player box but now at stores all you can find are 6 player boxes. So get two. I played Loaded Questions recently and it was good enough to play again. I don't usually like the social party games like that. They also have sequels to it looking at the its bgg page. People can answer normal or can make up some funny answers, depends on the person.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
Ashiefan wrote:

Not a boardgame but the funniest party game I ever played was pinning a carrot dangling from a piece of string on to peoples backs and getting them to try and rest the bottom of the carrot on to the top of a milk bottle.

The string has to be of a length that the person has to squat over the bottle to do it.

The only guarantee with the game is that no one comes out of it with their dignity intact.

Mental images to last a lifetime.
Milk bottle, now there's something not seen in the USA for 40 years.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben B
United States
Yakima
Washington
flag msg tools
Avatar
Butsudoka wrote:
Jungle Speed is always a safe bet.


I don't know if "safe" is the right word there.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
toober wrote:
C Dylan wrote:
Telestrations: 12 Player Party Pack had my wife in tears (from laughter) twice during the same game.
Me and a friend both have the 8 player box but now at stores all you can find are 6 player boxes. So get two.


I don't think that would work. The little books still would only support 6 players.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mindy Basi
United States
Urbana
Illinois
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Ashiefan wrote:

Not a boardgame but the funniest party game I ever played was pinning a carrot dangling from a piece of string on to peoples backs and getting them to try and rest the bottom of the carrot on to the top of a milk bottle.

The string has to be of a length that the person has to squat over the bottle to do it.

The only guarantee with the game is that no one comes out of it with their dignity intact.

Mental images to last a lifetime.


Definitely one I would be declining. And it's true, we don't have milk bottles here any more, except for one company I know of that charges a huge amount for their milk and advertises it to be better than the generic milk you get in a paper carton.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Salerno
United States
Woburn
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I usually break out Ladies & Gentlemen it's a bit of a chore to teach alone, but is one of the funniest games. Especially if you get some props like tiaras and cigars.

If I can get enough people together Two Rooms and a Boom is amazing.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Netherlands
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmb
We liked Fact or Crap... That got some laughs...

We also enjoy Battle of the Sexes .

There are also some music trivia ones where you have to sing and those are pretty funny with a good group of friends...

Say Anything is good too...

Really depends on the group of people coming though...
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
atomheartmother wrote:
toober wrote:
C Dylan wrote:
Telestrations: 12 Player Party Pack had my wife in tears (from laughter) twice during the same game.
Me and a friend both have the 8 player box but now at stores all you can find are 6 player boxes. So get two.


I don't think that would work. The little books still would only support 6 players.

Oh, I didn't realize the 6 player box had less pages in each book, geez, so much for a fun party game. I figured the books had the same number of pages no matter the 12 8 or 6 pack. But yeah, the 8 pack boxes have 8 pages in each book. I haven't seen the books in the other packs to confirm those or not.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul DeStefano
United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
It's a Zendrum. www.zendrum.com
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
sbszine wrote:
Ugg-Tect is the best!


Very un-replayable.

The language is too easy to simply remember and there are very few patterns on the cards, most of which after 3-4 pieces, you can simply complete by guessing the design due to symmetry and patterns.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
non sequitur
United States
Elk Point
South Dakota (SD)
flag msg tools
Mandelbrot/Simurgh hybrid etc etc
badge
I made both of these fractals, hurray!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
cbmd81 wrote:
Looking for some suggestions on party games that will get some laughs. Thanks!


The Resistance: Avalon
Blood Bound
+1 to Two Rooms and a Boom
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.