Kim Brebach
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
Hey Hi,

My in development but soon to be Kickstarted 'wrathful Greek gods hurling monsters at faithless mortals' game called MONSTROUS will be back at Cancon this year - this time with many changes and improvements, and full finished art all printed on high quality plastic cardstock thusly:

Cancon players gave some awesome feedback last year which has really helped shape the game to be faster, more engaging and graphically very usable – thanks to Ben Nelson / Mr Lunch for the great work on that.

If you saw or played it before – take another look and sample a game to see what’s changed (hopefully for the better).

I’ll be in the Games Library demoing all weekend, and there may be spare demo copies there and at the Good Games tables too.

This year I’m looking for:

1. Anyone who wants a demo of the game – 5 mins to explain and 20 mins to play. Family groups specially welcome as it is kid friendly (ages 10+).

2. Blind playtesters to help test how well the rules work – see rules links and PnP version on the Monstrous BGG entry.

3. Ratings and comments on the Monstrous BGG entry.

4. Written or Video reviewers who might want to play it a couple of times and review it in the lead-up to the Kickstarter launch in Feb / March.

Any of help along those lines will really help build momentum into the Kickstarter launch in late Feb / March.

I can offer the gratitude of the Greek Pantheon in return. Zeus has told me me he'll have a word with his crew and see what can be done for helpers.

If you cant make but are interested, you can subscribe to updates at secretbasegames.com
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mrs Smith
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
badge
This is my chance to convey something meaningful! Darn. Wasted it.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not going to be at CanCon this year, but I played your prototype last year and really enjoyed it. I'll be keeping an eye out for the kickstarter (an have subscribed at Secret Base Games) Good luck with it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kim Brebach
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
Thanks Tegs! and for the rating and comment.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kim Brebach
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
Hey sincere thanks to everyone who spared some time to play Monstrous at Cancon over the weekend. I got some valuable feedback, but most of all it was great to see people having fun and enjoying themselves in the spirit of the game.

Thanks to everyone in the games library for being such great hosts too.

If you didn't get a chance to play, there may be a preview copy floating around Canberra soon and a demo session at GLOG in March or April.

If you did play Monstrous - could I beg one favour? Could you give Monstrous a BGG rating and comment, or perhaps a quick review if you are so inclined? That really helps establish credibility in the lead up to my April Kickstarter campaign, which will also have 'global free shipping'.

Subscribe to the listing or sign up for updates at http://secretbasegames.com

Thanks again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Panda Z
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Looking forward to play this
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Loc .
Australia
Canberra
flag msg tools
Amiguero wrote:

I played this at cancon. Was excellent and lots of fun!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Confusing Manifestation
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ailinoro wrote:
Amiguero wrote:

I played this at cancon. Was excellent and lots of fun!

I agree. It's weird, and unique, and a lot of fun. I'm looking forward to getting my hands on a copy when it's available.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Des Lee
Australia
Quakers Hill
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry I didn't get a chance to play this, Kim. Time got away from me on Saturday and I didn't see you there on Sunday.

Hopefully next time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shingo Ishikawa
Australia
Isaacs
ACT
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry I didn't get to play this.. But I know few people that played it and sounded like a fun game! Definitely looking out for Preview copy!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Bradley
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
shingoi wrote:
Sorry I didn't get to play this.. But I know few people that played it and sounded like a fun game! Definitely looking out for Preview copy!

You missed out on some great fun, Shingo. Brendan and I had a great 3 player game with Kim, with Brendan beating Kim and I by 2 points.

Looking forward to backing this on Kickstarter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.