Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Adam Stonewall
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quick question on the Baby Dragon card (when it's attacking an attraction with no heroes)-

In the rule book it states:

"Tourists get eaten by the monster.
-The defending attraction loses (tourists) equal to the monster's (strength)."

Where tourists and strength are represented by the appropriate icons.

But on the Baby Dragon card itself, it states the baby dragon "Eats (one tourist symbol)." I'm assuming the card text supersedes the rulebook, and the baby dragon only eats one tourist. Is this correct? Since no other monster card has that language, it would seem to be a unique circumstance.

Thanks in advance-
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Stonewall
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How embarrassing, I think I just found the answer to my own question moments after posting blush.

The back page of the manual has some clarifications. It looks as if that tourist eating is in addition to the normal amount of tourist eating. So in this case I believe the baby dragon would eat 3 + 1 or a total of four tourists. Furthermore, if there is only one tourist at the resort, he (she) would eat that tourist and then proceed to thrash my tiki hut.

Cheers-
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Harkins
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Play games and be awesome!
mbmbmbmbmb
pdxloki wrote:
How embarrassing, I think I just found the answer to my own question moments after posting blush.

The back page of the manual has some clarifications. It looks as if that tourist eating is in addition to the normal amount of tourist eating. So in this case I believe the baby dragon would eat 3 + 1 or a total of four tourists. Furthermore, if there is only one tourist at the resort, he (she) would eat that tourist and then proceed to thrash my tiki hut.

Cheers-

You got it! You basically just resolved the card top to bottom
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.