Game Date: 27Sep2006

Players (Clockwise around Table)
John: His second game.
Rachel: Her second game.
Tim: His fourth game.
Diane: Her third game.
Josh: His second game.
Justin (Me): My sixth game.

We selected the USA map and (again) remarked on the omission of Maine on the map before selecting our colors. Tim set up the Resource table, I set up the Plant market, Rachel gave everyone 50 bucks, and Diane passed out everyone’s bits. Josh provided color commentary of the above.

We all tossed a piece into a hat and drew them out to determine initial turn order.

In the interest of brevity, people bought plants, resources and cities, as in a usual game of Power Grid. The first fairly interesting turn of events occurred when Step 2 hit and the Trash became extremely cheap – a buck a barrel cheap. A rather intense bidding war for the one available Trash plant ensued, with John finally pulling it out, to replace a weak Coal plant and to go with his two Uranium plants. At this point Tim and John were tied for first at 7 cities each, followed by everybody else (save Josh) at 6 cities, and Josh, with 5.

Then in a flurry of mathematics driven logic, Tim declined to buy plants several turns in a row, amassing resources and city after city. Realizing what was happening, I made a solid push for the lead, making it, if only for a second. Only several turns after Step 2, and well before Step 3 came out, Tim hit 14 cities, and powered all of them. Behind him, I had 11 cities, Rachel, Diane and John all had 10 and Josh had 9. The highest plant to make it into that game was (forgive me, I’ve forgotten the number) the ‘1 Coal for 7 Cities’ plant.

Tim gains his Second (well deserved) Victory.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.