United States
Pasadena
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Some images of the final maps for CC have been posted. Check them out:
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/browser.php?itemtype=image&user...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kai Jensen
United States
Santa Rosa
California
flag msg tools
badge
I was going to buy OverText but I didn't know what to say with it!
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice job, Leland. The maps look great - I can't wait to play on them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Team Ski
United States
Dover
Delaware
flag msg tools
badge
CHOMP!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
So, they are going to be tan instead of green? Why?

-Ski

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chadwik
United States
Santa Rosa
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.
mbmbmbmbmb
Teamski wrote:
So, they are going to be tan instead of green? Why?

-Ski

Why not?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Team Ski
United States
Dover
Delaware
flag msg tools
badge
CHOMP!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Asthetics. Why would you have a European map look like it is in Algeria? It ruins the suspension of belief.

-Ski

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
robin goblin
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
I'm sorry, but that map above does not look like it is in the desert....

Robin

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chadwik
United States
Santa Rosa
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Asthetics. Why would you have a European map look like it is in Algeria? It ruins the suspension of belief.

Interesting. Is this based upon knowing the base percentage of European ground that would appear green instead of greenish-tan from 1000ft during summer campaigning season? Or is it because "other tactical wargames use light green as a map base so you should too"?

Would you be similarly displeased with a wargame on European battles utilizing a green-based map if the scenario being played took place at the height of winter in northern Russia?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Team Ski
United States
Dover
Delaware
flag msg tools
badge
CHOMP!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Chad Jensen wrote:
Quote:

Interesting. Is this based upon knowing the base percentage of European ground that would appear green instead of greenish-tan from 1000ft during summer campaigning season? Or is it because "other tactical wargames use light green as a map base so you should too"?

Would you be similarly displeased with a wargame on European battles utilizing a green-based map if the scenario being played took place at the height of winter in northern Russia?

Sorry, I was trying to pass on constructive criticism. I'm sure that if the game issues with tan maps, others will have issues with it, I won't be the only one. It's called feedback. Nothing more.

-Ski

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chadwik
United States
Santa Rosa
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Sorry, I was trying to pass on constructive criticism. I'm sure that if the game issues with tan maps, others will have issues with it, I won't be the only one. It's called feedback. Nothing more.

No problem, Eric. And I'm sorry if my response came off rather standoffish. For what it's worth, the maps you see here on BGG aren't exactly how they look on my (or Leland's) computer -- the tan base does have a slight greenish tinge to it. Probably has to do with the conversion from CMYK to RGB color spectrum.

I think that when you see one of these maps laid out in front of you on the table, it will "work".

Cheers, sir.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Team Ski
United States
Dover
Delaware
flag msg tools
badge
CHOMP!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.