Popular Tags: [View All]
Both_Sides_of My_Table
United Kingdom
Market Drayton
Shropshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hi all.

I'm planning on buying the base set (very late to the party by the way....I will mostly use the cards with the K777 simple solo rules) but looking at the ever growing catalogue of sets, I didn't want to get too bogged down with major deck building/constructions with extpansion after expansion.

Could any one in the know advise on which, if any expansions are worth getting (I must add I am not so interested in the scum/villainy & smuggler...blah blah blah factions)

Some of the Hoth packs look interesting, as does the Death Star trench pack...

I'd appreciate any guidance experts can offer

Cheers!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Thomson
Canada
Stittsville
Ontario
flag msg tools
This is the end; hold your breath and count to ten; feel the earth move and then; hear my heart burst again
badge
"We are not now that strength which in old days moved earth and heaven; that which we are, we are; one equal temper of heroic hearts, made weak by time and fate, but strong in will to strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield." - Tennyson
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, I wouldn't recommend the expansion whose forums you have posted this question in. Star Wars: The Card Game – Balance of the Force is mainly only beneficial if you want to play with 3-4 players.

I would have said Star Wars: The Card Game – Edge of Darkness, but if you don't like the idea of playing Scum and Villainy or Smugglers and Spies, well, that's almost all you'll get in that box.

As for Force Packs, you could probably skip the Hoth cycle entirely, although for me, at least, the best ones from that cycle are:

Star Wars: The Card Game – The Battle of Hoth
Star Wars: The Card Game – Escape from Hoth
Star Wars: The Card Game – The Desolation of Hoth

My favourites from the Echoes of the Force cycle are:

Star Wars: The Card Game – Lure of the Dark Side
Star Wars: The Card Game – Knowledge and Defense
Star Wars: The Card Game – Join Us or Die

There will be a new expansion released soon which will give a boost to Jedi and Scum: Star Wars: The Card Game – Between The Shadows

And the Rogue Squadron cycle is forthcoming in 2015.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Thomson
Canada
Stittsville
Ontario
flag msg tools
This is the end; hold your breath and count to ten; feel the earth move and then; hear my heart burst again
badge
"We are not now that strength which in old days moved earth and heaven; that which we are, we are; one equal temper of heroic hearts, made weak by time and fate, but strong in will to strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield." - Tennyson
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, you should check this out to help you make your decision:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Al5Ht4WTayl7dGp...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Both_Sides_of My_Table
United Kingdom
Market Drayton
Shropshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cheers Drew
...yeah I don't know why it ended up here...I realise one its in the multiplayer expansion...d'oh!
I'll have to try and re-post it in the EoD posts

Thanks for your suggestions, anyway. I'll have a look on the link you posted too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.