Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Cunnius
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmb
Mix the spring and lake tile in with the other river tiles. The player who draws the first river tile may place a meeple on it. Subsequent river tiles can be added in either direction, but must be placed so that they would be legal no matter which end of the river would have the spring tile. When both the spring and lake are in place, any remaining river tiles are out of play, and the game continues normally.

I've only tried this with the original River expansion, but I think it would work with River II as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
I haven't tried this specifically but I have meant to in the past. I am sure it would work. There are so many ways you can make variants with the river tiles.

The one we have settled on recently is this:
1) Set aside one spring as the starting tile
2) Mix all river pieces including the 3 lakes and extra spring together and put them face down.
3) Draw and place as they pop up
a) If the other Spring surfaces, start a new river so that it can extend away from the other river
b) If a Lake pops up before the branch or the 2nd Spring, we place it on the bottom of the pile; anytime a lake is pulled that would prevent all the river tiles from being used, we put it at the bottom of the pile.

In this way, you get variable length of the river and the two branches, but all pieces can be used. But we could just as easily cap it as soon as enough Lakes come up to if we wanted to vary it a little more.

I think tossing both springs into the mix is fine also. It would help not knowing when the Spring pops up as it tends to lend itself towards a super-field creation anyway - especially when you play both springs near each other.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.