Subject: Is there a Pbem community for this game? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Paul Bravey
United Kingdom
Stafford
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep, there's a pretty active PBeM community - there are both Cyberboard and Vassal modules for the game and I've been playing a scenario V game in Cyberboard and ACTS for a couple of months now. There's been several requests for new games on CSW recently so there might be a good place to ask for a game.

I think the game is very playable solitaire due to the chit activation system and the fact that there's only two hidden pieces of information that I can think of - the first is your event hand and the second is objective markers. I think both of those part of the game are optional/advanced anyway so if you play the Basic game you wouldn't even need to worry about those.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Randall
Canada
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Aaron, let us know when you want to get started playing, and we'll find some opponents for you. There seem to be more games starting up all the time, so you shouldn't have any trouble playing this game.

Neil

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Cardarelli
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll play! Let me know when and where. Be prepared for it to take awhile to finish though. Unless we all log on and play live on VASSAL. Thats seems a little unlikely though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Randall
Canada
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
SatanicEssence wrote:
I'll play! Let me know when and where. Be prepared for it to take awhile to finish though. Unless we all log on and play live on VASSAL. Thats seems a little unlikely though.

We did quite a bit of playtesting that way. And I know there have been some live games played on Vassal after publication as well. So it's viable - but hard to get people together at the same time for an extended period, sure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Moura
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

I've got the game, played once, and am also looking for PBEM opponents - let me know if anyone is organising a game - I'd prefer to play a 4 player scenario.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Cox
Australia
Petersham
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Can anyone explain how you setup a game using Cyberboard?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.