Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jake B.
United States
St. Louis Park
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In a previous post someone mentioned having won game #5 off the printing press in some tournament. Are the pre-ordered games numbered?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Johnson
United States
Boonville
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The preordered games were part of some sort of contest, where for every 100 or so games ordered one person would win an autographed copy which was number 1, 2, 3, etc off the press. I think they gave away about 6 or 7?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc K
United States
Unspecified
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I suspect the #5 mentioned in the other post was a proof. It sounds like the majority of the games (9 metric tons worth) are still in transit. I have no clue if those are numbered or not, but I would suspect probably not.

The free numbered / signed games were going to be distributed as follows: #1 for the cover design contest winner, #2 for a random drawing from those people who placed pre-orders; and additional copies added to the drawing starting at #3 for every additional hundred starting at 800 copies pre-ordered.
http://www.valleygames.ca/page3.html

So, if they already gave away #5, I guess they didn't get 1000 pre-orders?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Leuchtenburg
United States
Cambridge
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, the website does say "Ordered: 412", though I recall seeing it stuck there for months while people were still posting and saying they'd just placed an order, so I assume that they just stopped updating it at some point.

The world may never know.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc K
United States
Unspecified
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
stampeder17 wrote:
I believe only the first case is being Hand numbered by Renier K.

I think you mean Karl-Heinz Schmiel.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rik Falch
Canada
Okotoks
Alberta
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
stampeder17 wrote:
The first five games off the press were shipped airmail to Canada. #1 - 3 are being held for other contest winners (ie. artwork winner). I opened #5 for the Fallcon tourney and since I won my table, Rik and Torben gave me the copy (they were placed in the box in a specific order so they knew the order). I believe only the first case is being Hand numbered by Renier K. Numbering all preorders would be time consuming or costly by machine.

This is correct and so is the previous post stating Karl Heinz Schmiel.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.