Dustin Schwartz
United States
Jackson
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
www.therulesforge.com
badge
Get your slimy, webbed phalanges off ma boots!
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules state that the Tiebreaker Marker should only change hands after a turn in which a tie was broken (not including the multiple Dark Priestess scenario).

However, the rulebook also includes a note that players might decide just to pass the Tiebreaker Marker after each turn.

I'm curious which way gamers (including the designers!) prefer to play: after each turn, or only after a tie?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Riddle
United States
Oxford
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My preference is ties only.

We like the tie breaker marker to matter in decisions but be as unobtrusive as possible.

Lighter players in particular often prefer to simply pass it each turn as it is a bit easier.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin Schwartz
United States
Jackson
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
www.therulesforge.com
badge
Get your slimy, webbed phalanges off ma boots!
mbmbmbmbmb
riddlen wrote:

We like the tie breaker marker to matter in decisions but be as unobtrusive as possible.

Lighter players in particular often prefer to simply pass it each turn as it is a bit easier.

The rules also state that, at the end of a round, you should give the Tiebreaker Marker to the player with the lowest score. What do you do when two or more players are tied for lowest score (which happens very frequently with pub scoring)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Riddle
United States
Oxford
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
FreedomGunfire wrote:
riddlen wrote:

The rules also state that, at the end of a round, you should give the Tiebreaker Marker to the player with the lowest score. What do you do when two or more players are tied for lowest score (which happens very frequently with pub scoring)?

You use the tie breaker rules. So closest tied player to the egg in CW order.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.