Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Timothy Gallagher
United States
Fort Lee
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can a stunned Imperial Probe Droid trigger its Self Destruct ability at the end of a round if it's Stunned? I seem to remember reading in one of the four books that any ability that includes rolling dice against hostile figures is considered an attack. Since Self Destruct involves rolling a red die against adjacent targets and the stun card clearly says you can't attack or voluntarily move until you use an action to shake off the effect, I considered it an attack and ruled that a stunned probe droid cannot trigger this ability at the end of the round. Correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's not an attack as the opponents don't roll defence dice. I think a Stunned Probe Droid could Self Destruct.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Byer
United States
Fishers
IN
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
To go along with what Jorgen said, I think "Attack" is defined as an attack action. And the self destruct (forgive me I don't have the card infront of me) is an optional trigger during the refresh phase?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Bocketti
United States
Clifton Park
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Last bullet point on page 2 of the rules reference guide under the Abilities heading states "An ability that causes one or more figures to suffer damage(..) is not considered to be an attack...."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JH
United States
Albany
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's not an action, so it's allowed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jo Bartok
Germany
Zwingenberg
Hessen
flag msg tools
Interaction leads to Immersion.
badge
Immersion leads to Fun.
mbmbmbmbmb
Stun only removes the possibility to do Attack / Move actions NOTHING else. If you want to do one of those, you will have to spend one action to discard Stun first.

For instance as a hero if you are stunned you could still rest and interact or double rest. I am not sure atm what the card says but maybe you can even move spending 1-2 strain.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timothy Gallagher
United States
Fort Lee
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mustardayonnaiz wrote:
Last bullet point on page 2 of the rules reference guide under the Abilities heading states "An ability that causes one or more figures to suffer damage(..) is not considered to be an attack...."

Okay. That's the rule I remembered reading. I just remembered it as the inverse. From this, I was definitely wrong. A stunned probe droid can self-destruct.

I'm actually a little disappointed that this resolved this way. I found it very thematic that the droid was stunned and unable to self-destruct. It added some strategy to the choice of attacks against it. Oh well. Now I know though. Thanks for everyone's input.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lord Baltimore
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I can see them adding some sort of Ion gun that will do exactly that, to halt droids for a time.

They (FFG) really have a great deal of options set here for these upcoming expansions.

Even more so than with the X-Wing line, imo.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Cerny
msg tools
Hi, one more thing I am wondrering. If Drone isn't stunned, can he move attcak and then self-destruct. I think it can, pls clarify this ;] Thx

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
Get the Imperial Assault Campaign module for Vassal from http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Star_Wars:_Imperial_Assault
badge
The next Total Solar Eclipse holiday in 2024 in USA? See you there!
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, but note that the timing of self-destruct is at the end of the round (which is usually not at the end of the Probe Droid's activation).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.