Star Wars: Imperial Assault» Forums » General

Subject: General "B.A." Weiss rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Human Being
msg tools
mb
Seriously, is this guy broken?

Get him to within 6 squares and then roll blue x2 + red. Once you are within 3-4 squares you want green x2 + red or yellow. Draw maximum firepower and use your royal guards to add defense if you are taking too much damage from opponents who concentrate everything against him. Troopers and officers harass the enemy and keep it mobile so it can fall back after attacking.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In the one mission we played with him, our Imperial Player very much regretted bringing him on board. He died the turn he came out. The heroes focus fired and pounded him out of existence. It was really no problem. Heroes still lost that mission, but Weiss didn't help the Imp. Our Imp refused to ever bring him again...

-shnar

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Human Being
msg tools
mb
What else was he running? And what was he playing against?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Smith
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
shnar wrote:
In the one mission we played with him, our Imperial Player very much regretted bringing him on board. He died the turn he came out. The heroes focus fired and pounded him out of existence. It was really no problem. Heroes still lost that mission, but Weiss didn't help the Imp. Our Imp refused to ever bring him again...

-shnar

This shows that General Weiss did his job by delaying the Rebels long enough to deny them victory.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually, Weiss encouraged the Rebels to run ahead and sprint towards victory. Even had they lingered behind, so many Imps showed up at the end that it was hopeless (there were many hopeless missions like that, the hero makeup kind of sucked. The campaign ended with the Rebels only winning 3 out of 13 missions).

-shnar
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Human Being
msg tools
mb
I should have clairified, I am looking at this game from purely a skirmish perspective. I don't see how the empire can ever win in campaign play unless the scenario heavily favors the empire.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Captain Boris wrote:
I should have clairified, I am looking at this game from purely a skirmish perspective. I don't see how the empire can ever win in campaign play unless the scenario heavily favors the empire.

Heh, then you weren't playing in our campaign. The imperials won handily (notice the 3 out of 13 wins for the rebels?)

As for Skirmish mode, a lot of people think the heavy hitters are impossible to take down. To that I ask, "Have you tried?" You'd be surprised how swarming a large figure will topple it. I like it, it's a good balance (since swarming also has the risk of not going for objectives and clustering for Blast attacks).

-shnar

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Imobersteg
United States
Louisville
Colorado
flag msg tools
shnar wrote:
[q="Captain Boris"]I should have clairified, I am looking at this game from purely a skirmish perspective. I don't see how the empire can ever win in campaign play unless the scenario heavily favors the empire.

Heh, then you weren't playing in our campaign. The imperials won handily (notice the 3 out of 13 wins for the rebels?)

As for Skirmish mode, a lot of people think the heavy hitters are impossible to take down. To that I ask, "Have you tried?" You'd be surprised how swarming a large figure will topple it. I like it, it's a good balance (since swarming also has the risk of not going for objectives and clustering for Blast attacks).

Hell, a lot of times you don't HAVE to take them down at all. The easiest way to deal with Vader is just to kite/stun him. At speed 4, he's so slow that he often can't make best use of his attacks. It's more important to kill the officer give Vader move orders than it is to drop Vader himself.

General Weiss is a little more annoying due to his range attack, but not being able to enter interior spaces also makes it harder for him (except in the Ship Terminal skirmish mission. In that, yeah, you have to focus that guy down.

I like the idea of building around a heavy hitter, but damn do they need a lot of support to be useful. I like the rebels with moderately costed, useful/annoying deployment cards. For example, at 5 points, Jyn is just NUTS, sure she's squishy as hell, but she is one of the most annoying rebels to have to deal with in skirmish. Luke is also stupid good and forces the enemy to focus him down in one go as he can just run away and take pot-shots even at extreme range just to heal himself.

Those two alone have just.....GRRRRRRR.....so annoying!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Brook
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mb
Wait it just says in the campaign Massive Figures cant go into Interior sites? Nothing about them for Skirmish I am pretty sure they can go into Interior and exterior sites for skirmish.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jonnyb815 wrote:
Wait it just says in the campaign Massive Figures cant go into Interior sites? Nothing about them for Skirmish I am pretty sure they can go into Interior and exterior sites for skirmish.

Yes, the interior spaces rule is only for campaign play.

-shnar

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Imobersteg
United States
Louisville
Colorado
flag msg tools
Herp derp, reading is are hard.

Changes my thoughts on him a bunch. Will have to test him out more.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.