Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Fabian
Switzerland
Bern
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi everyone

I'm a new player and a bit confused about this one thing. I know how placing influence works when doing operations, but what about placing influence from events? I mean things like destalinization or decolonization for example, or all the stuff that lets the US do stuff in South America. Does the same rule apply for those - that if the opponent controls a country, you need 2 influence to be able to place one in there? What about cards that add influence to specific countries? What happens there if the opponent starts out controlling that country? And is there a difference in wording on some cards that might make a difference?

I recall it sometimes saying "add influence to so and so" and sometimes it uses somewhat different terms.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Weber
Germany
Wendeburg
Germany
flag msg tools
Yo quiero estar contigo, vivir contigo, bailar contigo
badge
Yo quiero estar contigo, vivir contigo, bailar contigo
mbmbmbmbmb
When you ADD influence to - say Europe - via using the EVENT of a card, you simply place it, disregarding any other placement rules (i.e. no need for adjacency, no extra cost for adding influence to an enemy controlled territory) This makes events quite a powerful tool.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fabian
Switzerland
Bern
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Indeed. We're having lots of trouble getting the US to win anything because of those strong early and mid-game red cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Hiesterman
United States
Aurora
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
I wish to kill you, be at rest as to that, but to kill you quietly in a snug, remote place, where you will not be able to boast of your death to anybody
badge
Caught trouser-free in open country...
mbmbmbmbmb
Note however that some cards specifically say to do something as though you played a X-Op card, and these are meant to be played like regular Ops, including the usual restrictions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alpha Mastrano
Australia
Heidelberg
Victoria, Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If the opponent controls a country, you need 2 OPS to place 1 INF there.

If an event says `add X INF' just go ahead and add influence, disregarding adjacency, opponent control, DEFCON restriction, etc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.