Barry Miller
United States
Saint Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

I'm an avid board gamer and found this while looking for a good football themed board game - both 'cause I like Football and because I'm always looking for a "different" themed board game.

But while researching 'Second Season', I couldn't help but conclude that this game really doesn't have any "board game" qualities. Rather it's more of a "book" game, and as such today, seems to be better suited for the tablet instead of the table.

I'm not sure that my conclusion would change my mind about possibly buying the game, but I'm normally wary about spending money on a game published for a platform that may be better suited for a different platform.

And yeah, I realize 5 years ago this wouldn't be a conversation. But the times are changing! I think this is the reason I no longer pull out, 'B-17 Queen of the Skies' (B-17: Queen of the Skies). It is exactly like 'Second Season' in that the board doesn't serve a unique purpose and there's only one token to move around. The rest of the game consists of looking-up results in a book and tabulating. (Well, there are dice, other markers, and a second status board now that I think about it). But the point is now that the tablet age is upon us, I wonder if B-17 is better suited for that platform.

So in a like way, I wonder the same thing about 'Second Season' and what everyone's thoughts are about keeping it a board game instead of letting it go the way of the tablet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Miller
United States
Saint Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Kevin,

Thanks for the reply. That actually helps a lot. I still love B-17, but somehow can't seem to get myself to put it on the table for all the other board games that fill my shelves today. However, if B-17 was ported to a tablet I would probably play it a lot - whenever I find myself with "tablet time". So I guess that's where I was coming from about 'Second Season'.

I can definitely see 'Second Season' being a good travel game, whereas I can't go on a business trip with any of my typical board games! So I'll probably look forward to it for that, at least.

Thx again!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There are some Victory Point Games solitaire games ported to iOS that might scratch that itch for a boardgame while waiting for a B-17 clone.

I was tempted to work on a B-17 like game but it never got past the nostalgic phase.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.