Ron Graves
Canada
Cloverdale
B.C.
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi All

I am curious to know which Lower Mainland Friendly Local (bricks and mortar) Game Store is the best bet to go hunting for some great Boxing Day sales?

I need to plan ahead...

Cheers,
Ron
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tucker Taylor
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
Is your score positive? You win! (Some players win more than others.)
badge
A woman needs a man like a fish needs a saxophone.
mbmbmbmbmb
Buckarooo wrote:
I am curious to know which Lower Mainland Friendly Local (bricks and mortar) Game Store is the best bet to go hunting for some great Boxing Day sales?

I was pretty happy with last year's sale at Board Game Warriors http://www.boardgamewarriors.com/ in New West.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Captain Planet
Canada
Burnaby
BC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JazzFish wrote:
Buckarooo wrote:

I was been pretty happy with last year's sale at Board Game Warriors http://www.boardgamewarriors.com/ in New West.

Thanks for the tip. I will keep my eyes peeled for some good deals.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Larsen
Canada
Surrey
BC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've heard a rumor that there will be some boxing day sales at Craving for a Game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron Graves
Canada
Cloverdale
B.C.
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Craving For A Game is the only one I do know has a sale, usually worth dropping by to check out. 20% off all Board Games and some at deeper discounts. Of course the store is always worth checking out on any day, not just on Boxing Day

I also see now that Players Wanted in Vancouver has posted that all Board Games are 10% off on Boxing Day. Good deal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yee Wing Cheung
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Imperial Hobbies in Richmond is usually a good bet also on boxing day. 25% off practically the entire store. They have boardgames, card games, miniatures, wargames, models, comics, etc. Practically anything a hobbiest is into. They also have a deep discount table that sometimes has some gems. They also do quarterly sales every like 3 months or so with the same discounts as boxing day. Got C&C:Ancients for $40 from their discount table during one of these sales.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tucker Taylor
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
Is your score positive? You win! (Some players win more than others.)
badge
A woman needs a man like a fish needs a saxophone.
mbmbmbmbmb
rfoth wrote:
JazzFish wrote:
I was been pretty happy with last year's sale at Board Game Warriors http://www.boardgamewarriors.com/ in New West.

Thanks for the tip. I will keep my eyes peeled for some good deals.

According to their website, they've got everything in the store at 25% off, from 11 AM to 6 PM. Not quite "buy ALL THE THINGS" levels of excitement but good for picking up anything you weren't quite sure whether you wanted.

Technically the website says "from 11 PM to 6 PM" but that seems unlikely.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.