Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
michael esposito
United States
morton grove
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is it possible to split a stack with one supply train so that the units may move in different directions, with or without a leader.

The wording of 8.4 third bullet is a little confusing.

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Pole

Winkleigh
Devon
msg tools
Michael,

Thank you for your question. I'm sorry that you find Rule 8.4, bp 3, confusing.

I don't have access to the Rules currently, but from memory I think that there is "Play-note" towards the end of Section 7 (immediately following Rule 7.5 or 7.6?) which might assist in clarifying the position.

Essentially, in order to move combat units must be stacked with a leader and a supply train (from memory, Rule 8.2).

It follows that in order to split a stack and move the units in different directions the stack must begin with (at least) two leaders and two supply trains.

A stack containing only one leader and one supply train can be split by moving some combat units and leaving the remainder in situ.

I hope that this helps.

Regards,

Steve

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
michael esposito
United States
morton grove
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Steve.

Ah. I see now. I have been doing it incorrectly. Stacks cannot split if only one leader is present.

Love this game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.