Alan Miller
United States
Glasgow
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hopefully this will help some of you guys out when you play Ithaqua, as it caused some serious confusion during last night's game. Check out this mystery:

The problem is, you can't get any clues by exploring Hyberborea, only eldritch tokens. This makes the mystery (as written) unsolvable. We took it to actually mean eldritch and solved it using that, but we wasted a couple of turns banking clue tokens just in case we had to spend them during the Hyberborea encounters.

For reference, here's an Exploring Hyperborea card:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bert McCloud
United Kingdom
Berkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm so glad this has been bought to my attention before playing the game. I would probably have spent far too long being confused by this!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Francisco
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, looks like the Mystery card should say Eldritch Tokens and not Clues.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Miller
United States
Glasgow
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Any ideas on how to submit it to FFG for review?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Francisco
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Probably just submit it through customer support on their site. I'm sure it will be in the FAQ.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jujo Vee
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There is also a city encounter that mentions Pursuit-condition. Should be Hunted I quess.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zachary Hamilton
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
juujoo wrote:
There is also a city encounter that mentions Pursuit-condition. Should be Hunted I quess.

Hunted is a Pursuit condition. It's the type, like some assets have the Weapon type vs. the Tome type, etc. My guess is they plan to add more Pursuit type conditions in the future.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Enon Sci
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
juujoo wrote:

Yeah, like Zach said above, this is one element of EH design which is objectively better than Arkham's -- where Arkham put specifics on their cards, making expansion additions only relevant when cards were drawn from that specific expansion, Eldritch future proofs themselves by making general references.

Very smart on FFG's part, and one of the few places I can say the game is objectively better (though not the only).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
(ɹnʎʞ)
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Good job, Alan. thumbsup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jujo Vee
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh, that's true. It was my first play with the expansion, too excited to notice everything.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
E A
msg tools
Wow, what a missprint!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
aurelian
United Kingdom
Dorset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
After the very high standard set by the base game and first expansion it's a pity to see an obvious mistake like this. Still waiting for my copy and hope this is an isolated case.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Francisco
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There were also a couple of misprints in the base game as well. I corrected those with paste-ups and will do the same with these.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Judy Krauss
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
but I'm not the only one
badge
My hands are small, I know, but they're not yours, they are my own
mbmbmbmbmb
senorcoo wrote:
There were also a couple of misprints in the base game as well. I corrected those with paste-ups and will do the same with these.

Could you list (or link to) the corrections for the base game? Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Francisco
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They are on the FAQ - you can get it on the FFG site and I think it's in the file or link section here as well. There was the Mi-Go Brain Case artifact, Shub Awakens, et. al.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.