fightcitymayor
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
"This is a really weird game, and you’ll find that most people will not want to play this."
mb
http://www.victorypointgames.com/darkest-night-necromancer-b...

Alright I have two thoughts on this.

1) This game NEVER goes on sale. EVER. NEVER EVER. (Normally $77.99) And this Necromancer Bundle is only available from VPG directly, so no CSI and no MM, and no anywhere else. The bundle contains the base game, Expansion #1 (With An Inner Light,) Expansion #2 (On Shifting Winds,) and the Nymph promo. So you get a much more tricked-out experience than just buying the base game.

BUT...

2) There was recently an Expansion #3 released (From The Abyss) which is NOT included here. And from the hints that have been dropped from the good people at VPG, there is a chance of seeing a new "bundle" at some point with all of the expansions included up to that point. Now that might not be until who-knows-when (VPG can move at a glacial pace sometimes) but it certainly could happen at some point.

So... if you've been waiting for this to go on sale (like me) then it might be time to pull the trigger. BUT... do not be surprised if you see the Super-Duper-Special Whackomancer Edition hit the shelves at some point with even more expansion content. You have been warned...

p.s.
They also have Cruel Necessity and Imperial Stars II as part of their Xmas sale. Sale ends in 2 days.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dick Johnson
United States
California
flag msg tools
mb
So did you pull the trigger?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fightcitymayor
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
"This is a really weird game, and you’ll find that most people will not want to play this."
mb
I didn't know there would be peer pressure.
Now I have analysis paralysis...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Boat
United States
Ankeny
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Must be a popular. The site is down!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Emeryville
California
flag msg tools
badge
Sometimes life is scary and dark. That is why we must find the light. -BMO
mbmbmbmbmb
fightcitymayor wrote:

1) This game NEVER goes on sale. EVER. NEVER EVER.

...except when it does?

VPG has had the previous bundle on sale a lot the last 2 years. Edit: up until this year, I don't think it had the 2nd expansion.Up until recently, it did not include the 2nd expansion however.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan W
United States
Jersey City
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Good enough for me to bite. Been eyeing this a while. My last Xmas gift to myself as I have been wanting a good fantasy coop a bit shorter than Decent and with more replay value than Andor.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fightcitymayor
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Misterboy wrote:
fightcitymayor wrote:
...except when it does?

VPG has had the previous bundle on sale a lot the last 2 years. Edit: up until this year, I don't think it had the 2nd expansion.Up until recently, it did not include the 2nd expansion however.

You are incorrect on both points sir:

1) The base game has been on sale (and is available at various retailers) but the Necromancer Bundle has never (trust me on this one) been discounted beyond the typical 5-10% sales that VPG runs once-or-twice per year. Not to mention this bundle has only been out since last Xmas.

I can tell you this bundle was cheaper before VPG changed their website and in doing so raised some prices (it was formerly $73.99 @ the old website,) but has never been this cheap, by a long shot.

2) This bundle has always contained the first 2 expansions and the Nymph promo. Initial announcement here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Emeryville
California
flag msg tools
badge
Sometimes life is scary and dark. That is why we must find the light. -BMO
mbmbmbmbmb
fightcitymayor wrote:
Misterboy wrote:
fightcitymayor wrote:
...except when it does?

You are incorrect on both points sir:

1) The base game has been on sale (and is available at various retailers) but the Necromancer Bundle has never (trust me on this one) been discounted beyond the typical 5-10% sales that VPG runs once-or-twice per year. Not to mention this bundle has only been out since last Xmas.

I can tell you this bundle was cheaper before VPG changed their website and in doing so raised some prices (it was formerly $73.99 @ the old website,) but has never been this cheap, by a long shot.

2) This bundle has always contained the first 2 expansions and the Nymph promo. Initial announcement here.

I concede that you're right about the 2nd expansion being concluded. I had thought they'd re-released the Necromancer Bundle. Maybe I'm thinking of the rumors of the potential update you've mentioned?

However, I find it amusing that you have, yourself, contradicted your OP by stating that the game has been on sale in the past. I suppose you are referring to the Necromancer Bundle as the "game" that has never ever gone on sale?

All I know is that I've tracked the price of the game and its expansion for a couple years before I made my purchase and I've definitely seen it, or it's constituent parts on sale many times. Also, I'm fairly certain they've sold the Necromancer Bundle through Amazon in the past?

Regardless, while I think your post has some misleading content, this is a GREAT price for the bundle.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.