United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
I was saying boo-urns
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Regarding both firestorm and firestorm matrix

My friend managed to firestorm (not the matrix) Bizarro's power. My questions are:

1) Does his attack trigger each turn? I know placing a defense card in that slot doesn't give the person a permanent defense...but would you get a permanent attack?

2) Since bizarro's power gives the player a weakness, does he get choose when he gets the weakness (or if the 1st question is yes, choose when to trigger the attack) [or even not even use the +4power and weakness entirely]. This is a generally timing question I guess for cards that were firestorm and/or F-matrix'ed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathaniel Yamaguchi
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
1) Cards placed on your Character by Firestorm do not resolve on each of your turns. Only when you actually play Firestorm. So, in your example, you would use the Bizarro Power's Attack each turn you play Firestorm.

2) You get the Weakness when you play/resolve Bizarro Power's text. So, you would get it as soon as you play Firestorm.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hans Moleman
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
I was saying boo-urns
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
nekobat wrote:
1) Cards placed on your Character by Firestorm do not resolve on each of your turns. Only when you actually play Firestorm. So, in your example, you would use the Bizarro Power's Attack each turn you play Firestorm.

2) You get the Weakness when you play/resolve Bizarro Power's text. So, you would get it as soon as you play Firestorm.

AHHH -- that makes complete sense (couldn't figure out the last line in the rulebook and the card didn't make it sound like it only resolves when Firestorm is played [risky card, but could see the crazy potential]

How about Firestorm Matrix with an attack card -- that cards becomes an 'ongoing' (obviously not Biazarro Power, but what about Catwoman). Also if I can attack, when should I? Beginning of the turn or when I want to resolve it? [or did I botch that card text as well]

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Scott
United States
Arkansas
flag msg tools
Since it gets the ongoing text, it should resolve anytime during your turn. You could even decide not to use it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carlos Moreno

Texas
msg tools
Can you do more than one card with firestorm and do they all stack or is it only 1 card you can copy and that's it for the rest of the game? We've been playing it as you can copy more than one card and they all stack.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Hyra
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
Ichigoluffy wrote:
Can you do more than one card with firestorm and do they all stack or is it only 1 card you can copy and that's it for the rest of the game? We've been playing it as you can copy more than one card and they all stack.

It adds one card per turn to its stack, and you play each of the cards in its stack when you play it. You choose the order in which to resolve them.

Not just one card.

Thanks,
Matt Hyra
Cryptozoic R&D

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.