Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Fred Methot
Canada
SAINTE-JULIE
QUEBEC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just curious, since there are no info/reviews about the expansions on the dedicated pages/forums or DVG's website... out of the Exp #1, #2, #3, which one, a single one, would most complement the game?

I'm tempted by #3 - Support...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
___Shetland pony___ ___extra pepperoni___
United Kingdom
Gloucestershire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I ordered just number 1 yesterday, as it only adds more of everything already there. But don't know if it was the optimum move! Number 3 is all support I believe, and I have enough to spend my XP on with just the base game! Number 2 is stealth stuff? Stealth is a nice tool. It's too late for me, but good question Fred!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kimchi fried rice
United States
Uptown
New York
flag msg tools
AKIMBO!
badge
반갑습니다!
mbmbmbmbmb
Check out the file section for files that list some of the cards - soldiers, weapons, items, etc.

Based on your gameplay experience, the stats on these cards should give you a good idea of whether or not an expansion is right for you.

My squad builder also has this information, although maybe not as neatly as others.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vladimir Lehotai
Slovakia
Piešťany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I personally would probably pick the Stealth expansion, because if I recall correctly, there is only one Stealth weapon in the base game (the silenced MP5). I like the Stealth mechanics, so being actually able to have it expanded would be a big plus for me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
United States
Lowell
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Vladimir17 wrote:
I personally would probably pick the Stealth expansion, because if I recall correctly, there is only one Stealth weapon in the base game (the silenced MP5). I like the Stealth mechanics, so being actually able to have it expanded would be a big plus for me.

Yeah, I should have loaded out with a stealth weapon in my first 3 player game vs. middle-east insurgents that I taught on Saturday. That would have helped with defeat covers vs. the 4's and 5's we ran into.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charlie Theel
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd pick 1. It gives you the SAW and some other toys as well as providing kind of more of everything, filling out the experience. You also see some of the more expensive soldiers that start with XP in this expansion. 2 and 3 are more specific and geared towards certain play styles.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
United States
Lowell
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Seems like we enjoy the same games Charlie
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.