Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nathan D
United States
san antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So I have been playing a little of the online version (getting stomped). I think this is in part due me using the starter set that is free and others using expansion pack chars.

I have had several matches where I am running 4 level 3 chars. to face off with a guy with 6 chars all level 5.

My question is in the board game when you are picking your team is it point or level based? Ie everyone has a total of 20 levels divide it up how ever you want but it is a balanced amount of points?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Turner
Australia
Melbourne
VIC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think everyone is restricted to 12 levels of units.

But yeah, my early experience online was of teams with a tank-like level 5-6 unit, and lots of little level 1-2s to pick up Kama, and move the tank around. Or Coa (sp?) who for 1 point has got a nasty attack, which may half kill her, but is normally used for the winning kill anyway.

It highlights there is a deep game of team building even before you hit the table, which I'm less interested in. I like playing with friends, and draughting from a restricted set of random figures (e.g. making the best of what you've got) - much more relaxed and enjoyable for me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Runcible Spoon
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sasigns wrote:
I have had several matches where I am running 4 level 3 chars. to face off with a guy with 6 chars all level 5.

Something sounds like it is off here.

Perhaps you posted hastily and your wording is bad.

This phrase:

Quote:
to face off with a guy with 6 chars all level 5.

Sounds like they have 30 points worth of characters and yeah, they will crush you. Of course everyone is supposed to be limited to 12 points. Perhaps phrasing this in a more accurate way might lead to some better response posts.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aitor
Spain
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Despite having a level system for balance, Krosmaster Arena has many unbalanced characters. During the first wave, the online game revolved around variations of few power-teams which usually involve one level 6 powerhouse and many level 1 or 2 supporting crew.

Characters in the basic starter set are garbage, with the exception of Queen of Tofus, King of Gobbals and Bill Tell.

Friendly matches with drafted characters tend to be much more interesing than online competition.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.