1865: Sardinia» Forums » General

Subject: Moderator Program (Mac) - Anyone interested? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jan U
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
About a year ago, I wrote a moderator program for 1865 for Mac.

It should include all rules, comes with a large GUI (so that people can read the numbers across the table), undo functionality, etc.
I only got in two plays 1865 this year, but it worked pretty well. (We found a few smaller bugs in the first play, second seemed fine - probably thanks to a lot of SW-Tests I wrote)

Is anybody interested in this? If yes, I will clean it up a little and can make it publicly available.

Oh, and merry Christmas!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J S
Germany
Essen
North Rhine-Westphalia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Wäre interessiert

Frohe Weihnacht

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Remi
France
Paris
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I'd be very curious to see it, even without clean up.

Though it would be more to teach myself about how to do it than to actually use it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J C Lawrence
United States
Campbell
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Just put it on GitHub.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan U
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Huh, I was more thinking about the binary than the source, but I'll think about it. I don't think that there is anything speaking against it...

Will take a few days, I am out of town for Christmas, plus I just got Railways of the World and Nations as a present from my wife ;-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dwayne
Australia
flag msg tools
designer
janu75 wrote:
Huh, I was more thinking about the binary than the source, but I'll think about it. I don't think that there is anything speaking against it...

Will take a few days, I am out of town for Christmas, plus I just got Railways of the World and Nations as a present from my wife ;-)

It's your call obviously, but the source would probably be more useful in the long run.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan U
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OK, I will put in on GitHub and put a binary version on the geek as well.

I will need to get some permissions first and clean up a few compiler warnings coming from the latest Xcode first, but I hope I will get this done within the next few days.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan U
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just for reference, here is a screenshot:

Hm, seems like the text formatting changed a little with Mavericks. I had to do some non-standard stuff to get a larger font for better readability when presenting this to the players. Seems that needs some overhaul as well...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan U
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The sources are now on github, I will upload a binary to BGG probably today/tomorrow:
https://github.com/janu75/sardinia
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J C Lawrence
United States
Campbell
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J S
Germany
Essen
North Rhine-Westphalia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Danke
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan U
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OK, I uploaded the binary (requires Mac OS 10.8 or higher), it should now go through the regular file review. Not sure how long this takes, should be a couple of days to a few weeks...

I do not have an active developer account, so I did not sign the app. This means you will probably get an error message if you try to run it (default setting is to not allow execution of unsigned binaries). You can run it by either right-clicking the app and select open (recommended) or by lowering the execution settings in Preferences.

I added a tiny README file at github. Documentation and GUI probably could use some more effort and love... Let me know if you have questions or issues.

For the GUI, the main part is to go to full-screen (as you likely want to present the stuff to your group across a table), then drag the tables to show all players & companies, then use 'cmd +' and 'cmd -' to adjust the font size so that everything is readable. (Buttons and table headings do look weird, I know. The default buttons and tables are not scalable as I would like them to be, so to fix this I would have to subclass them and make some custom views...) (Or some volunteer could do ;-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan U
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The file is up now (in case you haven't already noticed).

Have fun with it ;-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.