Peter Veenstra
Netherlands
Delft
flag msg tools
Attaque! Toujours attaque!!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just to announce that Marten Jan and I will start the first assault phase of our fifth documented game shortly.

Mining and positioning of the Romans has already taken place.
The evil Romans have mined for 6 weeks and built an Armoured tower (pah.. the cowards) yuk

They’ve breached the North wall of the New city in the middle of the long end. There’s a hole like a labyrinth, three hexes of rubble from which he will pour his troops..
5 hexes of the wall protecting Herods palace are also heavily damaged. At the North side, (North side of the fortress triangle too) next to the gate. The fortresses are near to collapse (more details later).

The usurper has placed his legions in front of the city of David, close to Herods palace and two of them in front of the hole in the New city wall.

Of course I can see through his devious schemes! He plans to draw my troops to the area of the City of David so that he can gain easy access into Herods Palace and maybe further.. We’ll see about that. Hah! ninja

War plans are being made in the conference rooms near the temple. Militia is being drilled, archers being trained and the Zelaots are talking themselves into fighting frenzy. The despicable Flavian dynasty will crumble before the temples wall!! arrrh

Well, that’s the situation guys. Let’s hope things will work out as I hope and Marten Jan will not be the first of us both to get past Assault phase 3. devil

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Veenstra
Netherlands
Delft
flag msg tools
Attaque! Toujours attaque!!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Assault phase 1, Turn 1, 2, 3 and 4 upto the Judean phase

Turn 1
Roman phase:
Judean fire is without effect. The Romans disrupt two militia on the North wall Bastion near the breach and storm forwards in the movement phase.

The Romans take the bastion on the North wall, at the right hand side of the breach, killing 2 militia and 2 regulars in the melee.

At the bastion on the left side of the breach, they kill two militia, but fail to take the bastion. Only a Cauldron is left.

Judean phase
During the fire phase, the Judeans lose 4 regulars and a militia that hade been left in the clear in the New city.
The Judeans immediately withdraw to the walls of the Tyropean. Obviously, defending in the New City in this situation wasn’t such a good idea…

Turn 2
Roman phase
Again the Judeans just seem to fire at the birds overflying the city.
The Romans kill the remaining Cauldron in the bastion on the North wall with missile fire and another militia on the south wall of the New city.
Then in the Melee the Romans take three more Bastions along the North wall killing a catapult and three militia, effectively conquering the New city.
Judean phase
The Romans kill a regular and a militia by missile fire
The Judeans withdraw further.

Turn 3
Roman phase
Judean fire again achieves very little.
Roman Fire only disrupts a few Jews, but ramming is successful. The fortress in the North wall of Herods palace collapse, killing 3 regulars.
The Romans then advance towards the Tyropean city and continue their attack along the north and west walls, carelessly leaving their artillery undefended! They kill 3 militia however.

Judean phase
The Judean gets reinforcements in the build-up areas right next to the undefended artillery! They leap upon machines with a vengeance ! 2 ballista’s, 2 onagers and 5 catapults are destroyed!

Turn 4
Roman phase
The Judean kill a cavalry unit in the New city and a 6-8 under a tower next to city of David.
The Roman kills a militia

The Romans attack at 5 places along the New city wall. They only succeed in one spot however, taking a bastion.
For the rest they roll 1’s and 2’s, leaving militia in the defending hexes.. The Judeans lose 4 militia, a catapult and a regular, but are still content.

Boy.. what an opening. I thought Marten Jan was going to walk right through me. I guess I would have had a rough time in the Tyropean, had he not lost al his precious arty..
I felt sad to ruin such a wonderfull start, but the Judean has to be firm. No mercy!I feel that gave me some relief.

I'll be going on holliday to Germany, close to were Varrus lost his legions. Just to get inspiration for the second half of this assault phase. I'm gonna need it, because Herods Palace is still under serious threat. Can't ait for the night to fall.

Be back in the end of october!
Regards,
Peter

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.