Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Wilson St.James
Canada
Winona
Ontario
flag msg tools
mb
I am going to play with the idea that some character is guarding an item. If you clear the enemy guarding the item you get it in your hand automatically.

In order to make this worthwhile the item itself would need to be unique, I think.

I suppose I could always invent a new item...?

Any thoughts on this idea, Community?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Worst Friend Ever
United Kingdom
Gateshead
Tyne and Wear
flag msg tools
badge
I secretly play games multiplayer...
mbmbmbmbmb
Would you be seeding the dungeon deck?

I.e. The item is in the first half of the deck and it would help complete a quest in the second half?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wilson St.James
Canada
Winona
Ontario
flag msg tools
mb
Terrific idea!

Right now I am play-building an undead dungeon. I could inject a Goblin Conjurer into the first half and he could be holding ... something ...

Then have Greenknee in the 2nd half.

I don't want to mess with the balance too much so I wonder what sort of item could be the reward. If it was "just" something to help eliminate Greenknee that seems to me its making things easier.

Hmmm. I've got to think on this.

I noticed that Ninjadorg posted on here the other day. He's the kind of creative sort we need to not only weigh in on something like this, but he also creates beautiful PnP variant cards.

whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wilson St.James
Canada
Winona
Ontario
flag msg tools
mb
Idea:
The item enables a "skill."
The skill itself is a tremendous boost of some kind. But, an Adventurer needs a skill of 6 to use it.
Therefore the player deck would need a few "Cooperation" and "Primal Senses" cards.

A player would need to collect these cards (taking up space in his/her hand) and wait until they have an opportunity to defeat the "guardian" of the item.

Then they can only use the item IF they have enough skill. The Thief would be the best bet but if there were enough cards to boost I suppose it could be anyone.

THEN the player needs to do something with this skill, "pray" when the Evil Altar shows up thereby destroying it, or something other.

I apologize if I am rambling. I suppose posts should be thought-out better than this. Holiday excitement, I suppose
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jey Legarie
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Why not a 2 or 3 stage of separate decks. This way if you need to restock or shuffle, it doesn't screw up your pacing.

30 card stage 1 deck.
30 card stage 2 deck (maybe 6pt encounters).
20 card final stage deck (maybe 7pt encounters).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damian M.
United States
Santa Cruz
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What about the conjurer and his summon carrying a torch. When building the crawler decks remove all items that would otherwise remove stealth. If you can defeat both enemies before they run off you get both torches. You'd have to go easy on the goblin thieves (or not, depending on how hard you like to make it on yourself) but a torch when facing Greenknee is like gold.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jey Legarie
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Guys, the Conjurer is a female.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wilson St.James
Canada
Winona
Ontario
flag msg tools
mb
Those are both very interesting. Love it.
Maybe combine these into one.
There's the beginning of something fun here

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wilson St.James
Canada
Winona
Ontario
flag msg tools
mb
Three decks. As mentioned, 30 x 30 x 20.

Deck ONE:

Goblin Conjurer x1
Large Wurm x1
Troll x1
Ruins x4
Grappler x1
Goblin x4
Ogre x2
Giant Grey Spider x2
Falling Stones x2
Reinforcements x2
Ambush x3
10' Pit Trap x1
Gloom x1
Recurring Villain x1
Broken Formation x1
It's a Trap! x1
Rapid Developments x1
Bad Luck x1

Torch x2 (Put these cards to one side. They are not part of the Dungeon Deck)

Encounter Limit = 5
Location/Flavor = Above ground ruins. The Adventurers are searching for the entrance to the underground.

"The Goblin Conjurer & her summon each guard a torch. Defeat both or either to take their torch(es)."

Players may move to Deck TWO when they have a torch.
Players may be in possession of either one or both torches.
If a player attempts to draw a Dungeon Card and cannot they must move immediately to Deck TWO even if they do not possess any torches.

---------------------

Deck TWO:

I am working on this but here is the idea in brief. Any torch the Adventurers have will act like a Permanent without. They do not have a time limit until they are used (lit/activated). A player can use a torch anytime.

The goal of Deck TWO (also 30 cards) is to defeat Greenknee. Greenknee also guard an item TBD.

Encounter Limit = 6
Location/Flavor = Underground caverns/dungeon setting. The Adventurers are searching for the crypt (Deck THREE) and the Evil Altar.

----------------------

Here's what I have for Deck THREE.

20 cards for the Dungeon Deck.
Crypt.
Undead.
Some Kobolds.

Encounter Limit = 3. There's a good reason for this that I can explain later. If my concept works out.

I want the Adventurers to search for the Evil Altar and purify it (somehow). Maybe just destroy it.

The idea is to progress from the Ruins, into the caverns to find the Ancient Crypt.

You can see that these were basically all your ideas (you folks on this thread). I thought they were good ones.
A work in progress. Cheers!

~ Wilson

Merry Christmas

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jey Legarie
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there a deck building limitation "no torches/light spells"?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damian M.
United States
Santa Cruz
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is looking pretty sweet. I'm curious to see what you have in store for us on stage 3, must be brutal with an EL of 3. I vote (to make the torches more valuable) yes, there should be a restriction on putting light/torches in your crawler deck when deck building.

On a side note; Merry Christmas fellow DC enthusiasts!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wilson St.James
Canada
Winona
Ontario
flag msg tools
mb
Greyhaze wrote:
Is there a deck building limitation "no torches/light spells"?

Yes.
I mentioned that the Torches were not to be included in the Dungeon Deck, but I think what I mean to say is that they are not to be in the Crawler Deck either.
I'm going to play through Deck One more today, but the restriction is as you say. No more torches. Light may not be an issue. I'll see what unfolds.

Edit: played a few times. Deck one is way too easy. I need to take a harder look.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damian M.
United States
Santa Cruz
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe throw a couple Icy Ledges in, man I hate those. If the Summoner and her minion happen to slip and fall into the icy depths (as a result of taking dmg from the card) you don't get the torches. It'd be hard to mitigate all the damage to the party as well without really building the crawler deck toward terrain removal/recovery (and sacrificing attack and stamina buffs) since they would both show up in the first 30 cards of the dungeon,
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wilson St.James
Canada
Winona
Ontario
flag msg tools
mb
Just a brief update...
I'll likely shut this project down for now for two reasons.
One, it's way more difficult than I thought it would be laugh Kudos to you Jey for the creative balance you have when you do your designs.
Two, I just got wrapped up in playing! Deck building in this game is quite interesting because there aren't many obvious combinations. On top of that, I think I need a couple more DP's so that I can load up on the stuff I like (Area 2's and such).

I do have a question, but I will post that on another thread.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jey Legarie
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
ty (and sorry)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.