Utah
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Builder
Play reg. rules with changes as follows:

add 40 gold coins (10 per player).

Start the game with each player receiving 10 gold (choose any form of currency you'd like). You may never have more than 10 gold at anytime during the game.

Each new city branch (placed marker as per normal rules) in a route costs 1 gold.

For each city card played in your route that you already have marker on, it earns you 1 gold piece even if placement in that city is not chosen.

Adding the "Builder" to the public department choices:
If you score this turn, the target for placement of branches may be for a city you already have a marker on. If so, that card played becomes a wild card(choose any other city in that region instead). The money normally earned from this city is retargetted to building the new city branch.

End game:
Gold Pieces are totaled at end of game, and become victory points to be added to existing VPs.

The game is a tad longer, but a few more decisions to make.
Some parts make it simpler, other parts harder. Comments?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Nelson
United States
Draper
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: The Builder
T&T is definitely not the same game with this variant.
You have a few smaller routes or overlapping routes just to make the money in order to build other branches. One problem that this variant fixes is the fact that sometimes you need that one city card that never comes up or the opponent(s) hordes every card of that kind. Yes, Lodz is still going to be a problem if someone hordes it.

No complaints on the variant as of yet with my group. Feel free to comment on your attempts.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Nelson
United States
Draper
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess no one has tried this out, nor cares to say it won't work. The new expansion has shades of this variant in it, minus the use of money.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Burkett
United States
Warsaw
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I know it's two years after you posted this, but I think this variant is very interesting! I have yet to try it yet, but may bust it out next time I play TnT -- what was your experience with it?

I like that it adds a cost / income component, and rewards you for overlapping routes a bit. Mitigating the luck factor a bit if you just can't seem to get your hands on the right card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Nelson
United States
Draper
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I had a lot of fun with it. I don't teach it to new players to the game, but veterans can handle it, nicely.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Nelson
United States
Draper
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Still works. Going to try it with Power and Glory soon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Nelson
United States
Draper
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
still works, but t&t rarely hits the table twice with the same group to try it anymore. too many games, not enough time. sigh.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.