Subject: Are there enough door tokens? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have 9 door tokens with base FP, one more than is needed. I just opened H&D and am finding 10 door spots (double cubes in circles) on the subway map. Should I not be placing doors on all of these?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garry Rice
United States
Perkasie
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That may have been an oversight if you do indeed need 10 tokens. There are more door tokens in one of the other expansions, so I wouldn't even have given it a thought since I have all of them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Madsen
United States
Kearns
Utah
flag msg tools
Trains!
badge
Houseplant?
mbmbmbmbmb
Flash Point: Fire Rescue – 2nd Story includes 6 doors.
Flash Point: Fire Rescue – Extreme Danger includes 4 doors and 4 fire doors.
Flash Point: Fire Rescue – Dangerous Waters includes 4 fire doors.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Madsen
United States
Kearns
Utah
flag msg tools
Trains!
badge
Houseplant?
mbmbmbmbmb
From the games I've played, I'm used to about 1 door being hit by an explosion during setup, so you may be fine for most games. In games where that doesn't happen, substitution might be your best bet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ya I just played and had a door blown out right away so it wasn't an issue. The subway map is fun and the new role is more powerful than I initially thought. Fun expansion!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zoe M
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
I wear my Halloween costume all year round!
mbmbmbmbmb
I feel like the jumble of expansions is getting a bit chaotic and out-of-control. This wouldn't be the first time an expansion hasn't come with all the required pieces--there also aren't enough hotspots in Extreme Danger to play with the attic/basement on Heroic, and unlike doors, there weren't even any extra hotspots in a previous expansion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil DeKoning
United States
Bozeman
Montana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There may be something to the expansions becoming "chaotic," and I'll grant that missing a needed door is an oversight, though a minor one.

On the other hand, I look at this expansion the same way I see Dangerous Waters. These are not the expansions that "new players" are likely to get, assuming they do any amount of reading of reviews or anything else.

Maybe if the label had some kind of difficulty rating or said something like "Flash Point: Fire Rescue required. Flash Point: Extreme Danger recommended but not required," the issue would be handled.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.